Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm Tired

I'm tired.

All day long I've been have a pity-party of sorts in my head, with this on-going list of things that I am tired of. I can't shake it, it's bad enough that I'm tired of thinking about what I'm tired of. So I was going to share my list, get it out of my head, try some therapeutic blogging tonight.

But I didn't. None of it is necessarily bad, I'm not really upset with anyone...but to put the list out there could give some folks the wrong idea. (That, by the way, is one of the things I'm tired of!)

So I'm going to finish washing the dishes (which I'm tired of -- as soon as I finish, it seems it's always time to cook yet another meal and fill the sink back up with dirty ones), finish washing/folding/putting away the laundry (which I'm tired of -- it's never done, we're always in the process of making more laundry), and go to bed too late yet again (which I'm tired of, I'm just plain tired), just to get up way too early in the morning to try to get a head start on the to-do list that I didn't finish today, before tomorrow's to-do list drowns me, yet again...

5 comments:

CB said...

I am so sorry! I feel your pain, at least in the household areas you mentioned! I asked Earle yesterday, "how can laundry make me cry?" It never stops and yes, I understand about never quite getting through the list and starting every morning feeling already behind. I'm tired too!! I will pray for you to have a boost of stregnth and energy and a lift today!! I think the fact that you have three little boys that make messes constantly might have something to do with it, that is what I tell myself about my house!! Love you girl!

Hollie said...

Girl, I know just want your feeling, talking, and tired of!! Sometimes I wished I had a job outside of the home!! But then I hear mothers that do work outside of the home and how they wished they could stay home and "cherish" the time spent with kids, house work, and catching up on the laundry!! Remember, we are "blessed" to beable to spend most of our days with children. This is what God designed us for!!! I know you know this but sometimes it's good to hear it from a friend!

I will continue to lift you up to God! Asking Him to give you peace, comfort, understanding and patience! I get tired of the "same" old stuff, day after day too. You will get past this, God always brings us through ;o) Love ya girl! What you need is "Rachel" time!!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I am sooooooooo glad you shared this. Sometimes I feel like I am the only that gets tired - tired of dishes, laundry, fussy kids, changing diapers, dishes, laundry, fussy kids, changing diapers...I think "CB" is right. I hear that boys are FAR messier than girls. You've got THREE boys, chick, so give yourself some credit. It sounds like you are just in that "Mommy Funk", knowing you though, you'll find a way to pull yourself out of it soon. It's as if it is a right-of-passage. I hope you feel better soon as I know how down and tired you feel. Hang in there. A better day is around the corner.

BooBoo said...

Yea, I remember sometimes wishing I had a job outside the home because the house just gets messy being there...wondering what it would be like to hire a housekeeper & come home to a clean house...Just natural to do all that when you're physically tired...and even when you're not physically tired...As I was reminded this a.m., God puts (or allows) some discontent (or sometimes a lot) in our lives so that this world won't become too comfy for us, so that we'll always long to be eternally with Him...
Love you girl; of course, you & yours are in our prayers! (And I hear the truck is fixed!! yea!!)

Word verification update: "outed" Hope you get "outed" the funk you're in!

love, Mom pfu,wpfy

Krystal Carroll said...

OMG - when I was pregnant Clint totally caught me crying on top of loads of laundry... I think we all have those days... and sometimes we just need to cry it out.