Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Fun

Today my sweet friend Hollie took Micah and Joey for the morning. Conner was at preschool, Bret was at work...I had the morning to myself. It was a-w-e-s-o-m-e!! I ran a bunch of errands and checked things off my to-do list like crazy. It's always amazing to me how much faster errand-running goes with kids. (The other day I ran errands with all three of my helpers and counted. We were in and out of the car 12 times -- 120 carseat clicks, 72 for Joey (his clicks three times) and 24 each for Conner and Micah. That's not even counting all of the shopping cart and stroller clicks, whining, etc...) Thank you, Hollie.

The other thing I got to do this morning was go to Conner's preschool Easter party. It was nice to be able to go to one and be able to just focus on Conner, not worrying about what Micah and Joey were getting into.I was so proud of Conner. He was not in too big of a rush. he took his time and chose his eggs carefully. The running over anything and everything in his path, selfishly grabbing every egg he saw just didn't happen like I thought it would. :)

When we got home, got Micah and Joey home, and got Joey down for his nap, we broke out the Easter egg dye. Micah did a good job counting to thirty every time while we were letting the eggs sit in the dye. He was quite proud of himself.
And as a bonus, you probably needed a laugh today:
Oh, that Micah...
A few little updates on some ends I've left hanging:
1) Bret's truck did get fixed. Thank you, Andy (another new and great friend)
2) Bret is putting up some posts about his camping trip on his blog. He's got some great pictures to share and stories to tell. I can't wait to see/hear them all!
3) The workshop did get a new roof today. We got a few sprinkles first thing this morning, but I'm sure everything survived...

5 comments:

Hollie said...

It was a huge blessing to be able to keep Micah and Joey for a few hours, so you could have some "Rachel" time! Thank you for allowing me to bless you in this way! They were such a joy to play with! Would love to do it anytime ;o) Glad you were able to get your errands done and have some 1 on 1 time with Conner! That is very important to each child when you have a few ;o) Again, THANK YOU for sharing your bundles of joy with me! Blessings and Love!!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I wish I lived near Hollie so she could take my boys for the morning. The only bummer thing is that I'd probably have to spend my "free" morning running errands as well. Whatever happened to doing NOTHING???

BooBoo said...

Great Easter basket that Conner has! Would love to get a closer look...And the usual crowd that's around Conner at school events consists of girls, girls, girls...Got cooties now? Thanks, Hollie for Rachel's free time. And way to go, Micah! Thirty, huh? That's awesome!
Hope Micah got what he was digging for in that last picture! :)
Love, MOM pfu,wpfy

beccadawnruss said...

Wow, Micah was counting to thirty!?!? Very cool. Caden knows seven and nine. :)
That was some good math with the carseat clicks!

Chelsie said...

I love coloring eggs...