Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Chick-fil...Oh, Never Mind.

Well, as I said yesterday, we have shipped our children off so that we could go do a little service project. When Chick-fil-a opens a new restaurant, there is always a big celebration event. The first 100 customers get free Chick-fil-a for a year -- 52 coupons for a free #1 combo.

Bret has gone to several Grand Openings and has had lots of fun. And it's been really nice to have all of those coupons! He's talked it up so much that Jimmy, a friend from Christ Journey, got together a group to go to an opening in Pflugerville (near Austin). Only this time, we were going with the intent of giving over half of our coupons to Harvest House, a food pantry/Christian service center here in Burleson.

The Grand Opening was actually supposed to be last week, but we found out at nearly the last minute that it was postponed until this week. So we (Bret, me, Jimmy, Chris C., and my brother-in-law Robert) left Burleson at 6:30am, just as planned. And when we drove up to the CFA in Plugerville at 9:10am, we discovered that we were about #150-155 in line. (Keep in mind here that the restaurant does not actually open until 6am tomorrow -- we knew to get there early, and we thought that we were...)

We were certainly all bummed, and I won't name any names, but some of us were definantly more visibly angry and frustrated than others! So we loaded up and started the 2 1/2 hour drive home. What could have been a miserable trip home was not, though. We had some good conversation...and then a funny and ironic load on the trailer of an 18-wheeler provided the laugh that we all needed:(Thank you, Chris for taking the risk of hanging your phone out the window to get the pic!) Nothing like a little bitty truck hitching a ride on the back of a great big truck! :)

I can't really speak for the guys, but I definantly ended up using the day to get some stuff done -- without all my little helpers! And then I had dinner with my sweet hubby.

And an update on the Wells brothers:

Micah is living it up a Gammie and Poppy's. He's eating popsicles (and sardines, I hear!), picking golf balls out of the garden,
playing with Baby Kaleb,
and I think he got to go to The Bounce today.

At BooBoo and Yogi's, Conner is catching june bugs and feeding them to the chickens.He got to pet the quail (which are getting really big now!)Joey is making yogurt messes,
cuddling with MeeMaw,
and petting the kitties.
Today certainly did not go as planned, but I enjoyed it all the same. And I'm so ready to go get my micah tomorrow!

No comments: