Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today's Purchase

After Caroline's shower on Saturday, Micah asked if he could stay at Gammie's. Like we were gonna say no to that! So he's been there for the last couple of days.

My mom came and got Conner and Joey today, and they will be staying there for the next couple of days so that I can attend the Chick-fil-a grand opening in Pflugerville with a group from Christ Journey. (More on that tomorrow...)

So I had the afternoon to myself. Good thing...after the smokin' hot day I had yesterday, I had plenty of cleaning and shopping to do. The most exciting purchase? Cute curtains. The most important purchase? A fire extinguiser.Do you have a fire extinguisher? I know that we used to, but it apparently got left at a house during a move somewhere along the way, and I simply haven't even thought about getting another one. Let me encourage you to cough up the $20 if you don't have one. I saw a quote from Mark Twain today that struck me. "There is nothing that couldn't happen today." (Or at least went something like that!)

9 comments:

Bret Wells said...

I don't know why you would bother telling people to get a fire extinguisher...like anyone ever uses one of those things...

Hollie said...

Hey I feel ya Rachel! The first month we lived in our house, I almost burned the house down TWICE! So yes, we have a Fire Extinguisher right next to our stove in the kitchen ;o) Glad everyones okay!!!! Love ya girl and have a GREAT time by yourself!!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

We TOTALLY have a fire extinguisher. We purchased one after Kerry (accidentally) set the propane tank on fire that was connected to the outdoor grill. Thank goodness the thing did not explode - lots of prayers were going up that evening. VERY SCARY. We were able to put out the fire with the help of a neighbor's fire extinguisher. Needless to say, the next morning I bought two extinguishers: One for our house, and one to replace the one for our neighbors.
I am jealous of the alone time you get. I hope you EAT IT UP!

Heidi said...

Thanks for the reminder...I am going to go and buy one. Have fun today and tomorrow..... hope you can make all those boys behave??!!

BooBoo said...

Glad you're practicing fire safety...and I'm glad you went for CUTE!!
We're enjoying the boys!
Love, MOM
pfu,wpfy

beccadawnruss said...

Isn't it fun to walk in to the room where new curtains are and just be happy that it looks pretty? It can make me happy for days! Ahh...the little things :)
Also, at one point in my life the idea of standing in a line for hours just waiting would not have been appealing....but, now? The idea of sitting for an extended period without having to get up and diffuse a fight or clean up a mess of wasted toothpaste off the floor doesn't sound too bad! Just a little break. Nice.

beccadawnruss said...

btw- I didn't make that very clear. I was talking about the Chick-fil-a trip.

Angela Moore said...

Erica lives in P-ville! How exciting! It must be the chick-fil-a at 45/I30! I am SO glad it will be open! It is pretty close to my house too!

I am glad the fire wasn't any bigger! I can't imagine!

Gammie said...

Congratulations!!on both purchases.
Just remember...the extinguisher must be serviced or replaced yearly!!!!
Hope you have lots of fun tonight. love ya, me