Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bluebonnets

We're taking this seriously -- being back in Texas, that is. It's bluebonnet season here, we've missed them, they're beautiful, we simply had to do the "kids-in-the-bluebonnets" pictures.

We see them lining the roads everywhere we go, but we hadn't seen a good safe place to stop and get in them. Then we found out that my Uncle Bubba and Aunt Stephy's front yard is full of them. So we took a little field trip today...

It was just me and the Wells brothers on a very windy and sunny day...I didn't get the "perfect" picture with six little eyes looking at me and three perfect little smiles. But I must say I got some pretty good ones!

Here's my favorite:
(It's the same one up there with the Wellsbrothers title.) Bret said, "That's a really good picture. It's pretty funny how Joey's tummy is sticking out of his shirt and he's just looking at it."

Ahh...yes, it is...but there's more to the story...

It was bright and sunny enough that I was just snapping pictures, not really able to see what I was getting on the screen of my camera. Conner was saying something about, "Look Mom, look! Joey has three hands! Look, he's touching his head with his third hand!" I kind of laughed, I could tell that Conner was rubbing all over Joey's face. I kind of asked him to stop, but mostly I was hurriedly snapping away while no one was running away.

Then we got home and started going through the pictures. It turns out that Joey had three hands in more of a way than I had realized...Conner's hand was actually in Joey's shirt...That crazy kid!

Here's a few more than turned out decent:Then just about the time we were starting to get tired and frustrated, a ladybug came to visit.
And just for grins -- one more blooper... Thanks Uncle Bubba and Aunt Stephy!

7 comments:

CB said...

I love the bluebonnet pics!! I so miss the bluebonnets! I think the pics you got are great because it really represents the ages that they are in!!

Amy said...

I've wanted to do this every spring but haven't found a good place for it, either! I love the pics... especially the one of Joey playing with one... but don't let anyone catch him... it's illegal to pick them, you know! haha (I didn't and was severely reprimanded by my mother-in-law one year!)

Lee and Michelle said...

Adorable pictures!!! I didn't know about bluebonnets they are so pretty. In California we look forward to the beautiful orange Poppey's every spring, your story made me miss home too.

BooBoo said...

Thanks for sharing the third-hand story...Pictures are lovely!
Love, MOM pfu,wpfy

PS...I'm glad you're back in Texas, too!! :)

Rachel said...

Yes, I DID know it was illegal to pick the bluebonnets. (For those of you who don't know, they're the state flower of Texas.) Once it's in the baby's hands though, whatcha gonna do? Hopefully it will be a long time before there are any other pictures of one of my children doing something illegal posted on the internet again! (Or never!)

BooBoo said...

I actually think it's only illegal to pick them off the side of the road...Part of a "Help make Texas Beautiful" campaign...

Love you, MOM pfu,wpfy

word verification update: "sttorti" --That's my "sttorti" and I'm stickin' to it!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Micah, you crack me up!!!!