Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pet Dragon

"Look, Mom. This is my pet dragon."

Cringing, I said, "Oooohh! Is he gonna burn my house down with his fiery breath?"

"Oh no. He's not a fire-breathing dragon. He's a nice one. Do you want to know what his name is?"

"Sure."

"Daddy said that if I named him a silly name, he would be silly. And if I named him a strong name, he would be strong. And if I named him a smart name, he would be smart. His name is Humongo-saurus. That's a strong name."

Then the rest of the day, I was randomly asked to step around the place where Humongo-saurus was sleeping, or to fix some kind of food for Humongo-saurus to eat. It was fun. Aren't imaginations cool?

5 comments:

Gammie said...

I love it! I can't wait to meet Humongo-saurus!
lovey'allandmissyouallgretbighugsan
kissesandaiddybiddybabyonetoomuah,
me

BooBoo said...

So wonderful! and you are commended (as is Bret) to take the time to play along and encourage that imgination of his! I'm glad Humongo-saurus uses his strength to do good things...I'm sure he got his good example from Conner!
Love you! MOM pfu,wpfy

Lee and Michelle said...

I just love your family picture!

Bret Wells said...

It was funny because he came up to me later and said, "Dad, is good that Humongo-saurus is so strong, but I think he needs to be a little smarter...I'll name him Smarty-pants now."

Good call Conner, big dumb dragons are a bit of a liability.

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I think after a while I would have had Humongo-saurus confined to a bedroom so I could actually walk through my house and get chores done (I guess the chores that needed to be done in the dino's room would have to wait.) ha ha