Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weeds and Mud

There are a lot of weeds around our house. They're not really in the yard, just in the surrounding land. Some of them are tall -- like taller than Conner. (At one point I thought they were ragweeds, but I've done some research and discovered that they apparently are not. So I don't know what they are.)


Yesterday morning, Conner decided that it was great fun to pull them up. Wanting to encourage this type of "fun," I offered to pay him one penny for every weed he pulled. (He had to pull it up by the roots though, otherwise it didn't count.) Long story short -- it turns out Micah was able to pull them up, too. So far I'm out $2.56. I'm glad I didn't do something crazy like offer a dime for each one or something!Today though, Micah wasn't so interested in the weeds. The mud puddle in the driveway was calling his name. He stood there splashing it with a stick for I don't know how long.I think he had fun! :)
Micah had a really rough time this morning. Apparently some time spent in the mud was exactly what he needed. I'll have to remember that!
Conner eventually found the mud puddle, too. This bathtub may never be the same...

6 comments:

buff said...

A great day outside in the sunshine between our Texas rainy weather. Those boys are a hoot ! ! I had mud in my hair at small group from Joey. Mr.Ron

Heidi said...

I am so glad the afternoon was better than the morning. Praying for a GREAT, relaxing Monday!

BooBoo said...

mud cures many evils...
Love you! MOM
pfu,wpfy

Amy said...

Wow!! 256 Weeds!! That's pretty amazing that they were able to pull that many!! Jon and I worked on our yard on Saturday, pulling weeds in the rain-- they were much easier to pull up that way!! We did that until the rain got too hard and it started to lightning-- half the yard looks great!!!

Rachel said...

Well...it wasn't exactly 256 weeds...we lost count of who pulled what, so I paid them both for all of them the first go-round. But I felt bad that Conner had done most of the work (and I always feel bad that his piggy bank is not getting as full as Micah's...that happens when I run all the errand with Micah while Conner is at school...), so I gave him a bonus for having the idea. Oh, and Mr. Ron also pitched in a dollar, so I guess the total they've been paid $3.56. But Conner definitely pulled about 150 all by himself yesterday afternoon!

Gammie said...

Great job guys! Conner bug-you must have some amazing muscles after pulling all those weeds! Micah, mud puddles and the monsters/cars socks :) what joys! And what did Joey Jo like?
Sounds like the perfect day.
loveyallmissyallgreatbighugsandkissesandaiddybiddybabyonetoo!muah,me