Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the "New"

It was time. After nearly six years, it was time to say goodbye to Bret's little Ford Ranger. It had been a good little truck. It had done it's job and served us well.

BUT, it was a stick shift. And I'm one of those girlie girls who never learned to drive those very well...so never drove it...and have since pretty much forgotten. The intent when we bought the truck was for me to learn. But if I still haven't after this long, well...

AND, it could only transport a driver and one other passenger safely. With a family of five now, this was simply becoming more and more impracticial, inconvenient, and handicapping.

AND, while we can never know for sure, after nearly 115K miles, signs of a slow and painful death were beginning to show.

AND, I recently began a new little job which pays just enough to make a "new" truck payment.

It was time.

So goodbye little Ranger.
(Which, by the way meant cleaning it out - lots and lots of spare change for the piggy banks!)And hello "new" Xterra -- with an automatic transmission and seating for five! On the way home last night, Micah and Conner got to ride in daddy's new truck. And there was even still room for me and Joey and Bret's mobile office/library and all of his other "stuff!" (If you ever rode in the Ranger, you know what I mean! :)

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats! They are fun little SUV's...we used to have a red one!! I can't wait to see it in person...

Adron & Houston T. said...

Wow, how nice! Congrats

Lydia said...

cool! congrats!

BooBoo said...

Congrats!...and Bret, you can wipe that silly grin off your face now!
Love you all & am proud for you!
...is this your "new" "office" now, Bret?
Love, MOM pfu,wpfy

BooBoo said...

...and now both your vehicles are silver...true family!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Oh - I LOVE Xterras. I want a red one!!!! And there's nothing like being able to fit the entire fam in one car!

Bret Wells said...

Yeah BooBoo - I'm actually getting to "expand" my office!