I found a recipe in Kraft Food & Family magazine the other day for "Triple Strawberry No-Drip Pops."
It sounded wonderful - dripless fresh fruit popsicles! - but I was skeptical. Seriously, how can a popsicle be dripless?
But I got the stuff anyway, and Micah and I whipped some up one night. Then we tried them this afternoon. They were yummmmm-o! And I kid you not - even after the two year old Jo-nado had spent about 10 minutes on his, there were no drips. And even though Micah was laying his in a bowl between bites so that he could color, there was no puddle.
And yes, of course I'm sharing the recipe:
Triple Strawberry No-Drip Pops
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pkg (3 oz) Jello-O Strawberry flavor gelatin
- 18 fresh strawberries, stemmed
- 2/3 cup (2-qt line) Kool-Aid Strawberry Flavor Sugar-Sweetened Soft Srink Mix, or any red flavor (I don't really know exactly what all of that means - just the powder or already mixed? But I used 2/3 c of already-made-up Kool-Aid and it worked fine.)
1. Add boiling water to gelatin mix in medium bowl; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
2. Cut strawberries in half. Mash berries and drink mix in large bowl. Stir in gelatin.
3. Pour into 8 (5 oz) paper or plastic cups.
4. Cover cups with foil; insert wooden pop stick into center of each for handle. Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
I hope you have as much luck with them as us!!