Tuesday, May 4, 2010

R.I.P. Tadee-poes

Poor little tadee-poes. I promise we weren't intentionally tadpole murderers. We did our research. We tried to be good to them...

But when we woke up this morning, about half of our little guys had croaked. (Get it? Ha!) And now we've only got about two still kicking -- and barely at that. :(

We're not real sure what went wrong. Our best guess (that we learned too late) is that the shock of going from running water to stagnant was just too much of a shock for their little bodies to handle. Apparently they do fine in either, but switching from one to the other is hard.

So R.I.P. little tadee-poes. It was good to know you...

post signature

2 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Wow! You are a nice mommy! There was no mourning on my part when our last gerbil bit the dust. 'Sianara (sp? too lazy to look it up) stinky thing! May you R.I.P. somewhere FAR away from my house!'

Bonnie said...

bet you'll get to try again sometime! :)