Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Burleson Police Department

We were driving through town this morning, and I saw that the Burleson Police Department was having an Open House as a part of police appreciation week. "What fun," I thought, "I should check it out and see about taking the boys."

And then typical me, I drove the 3.2 minutes home and I completely forgot. Luckily Mrs. Debbie saw the same sign and called to tell me! So I checked it out, and was glad I did. It was today, from 3-6. And it looked pretty cool. So we picked Conner up from school and went to check it out.

What fun we had! Micah and Conner got to go inside of the SWAT team's armored truck,
and get on a real motorcycle!
Joey was a little uncharacteristically timid. He wouldn't get on anything...until we found the little bike they were raffling off. :) Then we got to go into the mobile command center, and into the police department for a tour. The officers were so sweet to give the boys "collector's" cards. :)
We got to meet several officers (which was in itself very exciting), see where the jail was, and make a "real" 9-1-1 call!
Then we got get bags full of pens and pencils and notepads and tshirts and all kind of cool stuff!
Thank you, BPD for all that you do for us!

post signature


1 comment:

Lydia said...

cool - who knew Buleson needed a mobile command unit!?