Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Silver Slash

I got a new van today! (Well, new to me, anyway -- that's about as new as vehicles get around here.)

We had gotten the old one right before we moved to Louisiana four years ago, needing something big enough to make 1000 mile road trips comfortably, and with ample space for diaper changing. And it served it's purpose well.

But...four years later, 1000 mile road trips now rare (if ever) instead of nearly monthly, diapers a thing of the past, 100,000 miles looming on the odometer horizon, and a couple of financial things falling into place at just the right time...it was time for a change.

We didn't end up with anything drastically different. We're still in a silver minivan - but it's got some long-awaited, highly anticipated features like a non-cracked windshield, quad seats, power-sliding doors, rear air conditioning, and stow-and-go seating!! (Doesn't take much to get me excited, does it?)

Mom stayed with Conner and Joey while we did our shopping. (Micah is at Gammie's and Poppy's this weekend.) Conner told her that he hoped we did our research, because he had heard of vans that looked like dragons, and that shot out fire. That's what he wanted us to bring home. :)

Needless to say, our meager budget and dedication to keep the same payment didn't allow for scales, wings, or fire...but he was still pretty excited when he saw it. He especially liked the "holes in the floor" (stow-and-go). But then, when he learned that the middle row windows rolled down (!!!!) he was in love. I no longer drive a boring ol' minivan. Conner has declared that the Wellsbrothers will now be riding around in style in "The Silver Slash."

Thank you, Bret! I love you, and I'm soooo excited about all the room I've got to bring home groceries now...makes me want to go get a bunch just so I can load them in The Silver Slash with ease. ;)

post signature



4 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats! and I LOVE the roll down back windows! awesome! oh, and how excited to get the power sliding doors when you didn't think you would!!!

Lydia said...

Congrats, Rach! Looks cool - like a Silver Slash! ;)

CB said...

Yay! I like the Silver Slash!

Lee and Michelle said...

Awsome! I love the windows too, didn't know mini v's could do that! You deserve it GIRL! Way to go Brett!