Friday, March 6, 2009

March the 8th

It's coming. March the 8th is coming -- soon.

I'm doing my best to not get anxious and apprehensive, but I'm afraid my best is not quite doing it.

For the past three years in a row, we've been in the hospital on March the 8th. On 3-8-06, Conner had surgery. On 3-8-07, Micah was in the hospital fighting a viscious stomach bug. On 3-8-08, I was in the hospital having Josiah.

Granted, none of these events were even close to life-threatening, and not all of these events were even bad -- we're certainly glad that Joey decided to come out and he's not still chillin' in my belly!

But the fact remains that we were in the hospital on 3-8 three years in a row...

Oh 3-8-09, what do you have in store? We'd love to break the streak...

4 comments:

Lee and Michelle said...

You are so funny! Often I find myself laughing at your cute posts!I'll put an extra prayer up for you tomorrow.

BooBoo said...

Well, I was all set to comment (not sure exactly what yet) and I looked down at my "word verification" and this is what it says "deadogge." Don't get me wrong, I don't wish anything bad off on Chicory, but a "deadogge" would perhaps be less traumatic on your family at this point (Isn't he at Pam & Eddie's?)than a hospital visit/stay. ...Sorry, it was just a "giggle" for the day. Hope it's not offensive to anyone. Love you all and are wishing for a "nothing but sunshine" day tomorrow. (--Just metaphorically speaking--We really could use the rain!) Are you going to let Joey bury himself in another cake? That was too, too cute! Love again! MOM pfu,wpfy

Rachel said...

That's hilarious! I'll have to make sure and share that with Bret...

And no, I don't think we're gonna tackle another cake tomorrow. I think we've decided on some Lofthouse cookies. I like those better anyway. :)

Bret Wells said...

Wait just a minute...don't be putting that voodoo on Chicory!!!!