Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March Memories

Was March a long month for anyone else? It just seemed to go on and on and on for me. I don't know how in the world I put up 27 posts this month and still had so many pictures that I loved left over! Here's a few...along with some of those quotes I don't want to forget!
Uncle Ira is so fun!

Are they sharing the cat food? Hmmm...
Joey loves Yogi's hat.
Don't let me fall, Dad!
Mmmm...
What a smile!
We love playing with Grace!
Micah's first attempt at writing his name. Look carefully, all the letters are there.
Orange sunkist moustache -- love it!
I get in so much trouble if Micah finds out that I have cracked any eggs without him! He was in heaven the other day when I made up a bunch of breakfast burritoes.
Quite the handsome little man...
He gives 'em out sometimes, but mostly you have to steal any kisses you get from this one these days...
While Micah spent a week at Gammie and Poppy's with no brothers, we had a little party of our own -- a fruit party. That's what Conner wanted, while we watched American Idol. :)
Conner, the biggest cousin was is so proud of Baby Kaleb. He loved to just sit there and let Kaleb squeeze his finger. (Thank you Krystal for the cool picture!) And another handsome little man...
Joey has become quite the little toddler, but this is still one of his favorite ways to get around.
Nope, not a Soda Shoppe Malt...just a Danimals yogurt smoothie...cute though, huh?
Reading, reading...always reading...
Mr. Ron is always so sweet to take a few minutes out to entertain the boys when he's working outside.
Micah, as we were preparing to go to BooBoo and Yogi's house for the weekend: "Well I call it Yogi and MeeMaw and BooBoo's house...Dey wike me dere (they like me there)...Did you know dat dey got some toys? (they got some toys)...Did you know dat dere are gwee potties dere? (there are three potties there?)...and two...no, no, no, gwee (three)...no, no, no...dey got some beds dere (they got some beds there)."

When you ask him to spell his name, Micah says, "M...C...line-dot-i...A...H"

Trying to think of a snack that was acceptable to both of us, Conner's face finally lit up with a grand idea. "I know!" he said. "I think I need some self-control. How about pineapple?" I guess the expression on my face said it all, because he went on to say, "On the poster in Ms. Tammy's class, the pineapple is self-control." Must be the fruits of the Spirit...

Bret had just gotten home from playing raquetball the other day, and was as usual, very sweaty. He stopped on his way to the shower to play karate with the boys for a minute. Upon touching him, Conner said, "Eww Dad. You're all wet."
Bret acknowledged him and said, "Yes, I just got finished exercising."
"Oh," said Conner. "You mean that's exercise water?"

When I went to pick Micah up after he spent a week at Gammie and Poppy's house, he ran to give Conner a hug. They shared a sweet little brotherly embrace, and then ran off to play on the playground. "Wait!" I exclaimed. "Where's my hug?" expecting Micah to come give me one. Instead, he looked at me, pointed to the other side of the room, and said, "Over dere." Then he ran off and disappeared into the slide.

Conner has a stuffed animal that is a monster. Some of it's body parts come out, and they have pictures on them -- like bats in his brains, bolts in his stomach, you get the idea. (Yes, kind of gross!) When Conner pulled out the heart the other day, he seemed to notice for the first time that it had a crack in it. "Oh," he said. "No wonder this monster looks so mad. His heart is broken because Jesus isn't in it."
When we went to meet Baby Kaleb, Micah suddenly had two babies in his tummy. One was a boy, one was a girl, and both of their names were "Mike." One would be born in two days, one would be born in three. "You didn't tell me I was going to be a grandma!" I said. "No," he said, scowling. "You are not a gwan-ma. You are my mom." :)

And as a bonus:


5 comments:

Hollie said...

That was GREAT!! So how do you do it?! I can't remember for the life of me what my kids did yesterday, much less for the MONTH! You're such an AMAZING mom!!! Love ya and thanks for sharing March with us! Love the bonus pics!!!

BooBoo said...

What a great recap of the month!
...and don't we all wish that self-control could be captured by eating pineapple??!!
Love you all! MOM pfu,wpfy

Bret Wells said...

I hadn't seen that one of Micah and the Cat...funny! Lady, your kids are so weird!!!!

Amy said...

Great post! I always enjoy your monthly recap! And until you said it, I don't think I realized how long March has felt...

Heidi said...

Very cute pics and quotes...