Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Toy Store, Pet Store, Library

Conner and Micah played "toy store, pet store, library" today. This is a game that they play every now and then, so that's nothing new. Usually, you have to go to the store, pick something you want to buy, hand over the money, and then you get to take it with you...until everyone else has had a turn, and then you "get" to go buy something else.


Today the rules were a little different, though. Conner and Micah were buying things together. And apparently they were stopping at no expense today. They "bought" all of the toys, can't remember the last time I saw the toybox that empty:






They "bought" all of the stuffed animals and gave them a new home on their bed:

They "bought" all of the books:(I know it's supposed to be a library. You don't buy books at a library. But hey, I'm not the one that made the rules!)

This way of playing the game was especially fun!Yes, it was a mess. But I always tell them, "I don't mind messes if you're actually playing with the stuff. It's messes just for the sake of making messes that make me crazy." And today I didn't mind. They played and played and played...and then I bribed them with a movie to get them to clean it up. ;)Meanwhile, Joey was in the kitchen smashing cocoa puffs with a baseball bat...

6 comments:

Lee and Michelle said...

What fun imaginary play! My favorite game as a kid was putting on a circus. Yep - Joey is a Wells boy!

Robert said...

"Meanwhile, Joey was in the kitchen smashing cocoa puffs with a baseball bat..."

That struck me as very funny. Some days I wish I could just spend my time doing that.

BooBoo said...

What a lovely day for you...being able to listen to their cooperative, creative play in the background...(And wow, it could have been SOOO much different...a cold, rainy day cooped up inside!)

Oh, Robert cracks me up...smashing cocoa puffs with a bat does sound like something an adult would (or would want to) do...sounds like a great tension reliever...Then to make it all worth while....lick up the crumbs???!!! That just might be over the limit...but maybe not depending on the day...Love you and wish for you (and the boys) another fun-filled, peaceful (Even though I heard you were being chased by that 1-year old with the bat yesterday) day! MOM pfu,wpfy

Today I'm being told by the word verification genie that I'm "tofoge"...translated to this less-than-clear brain as "too foggy!"

Heidi said...

Sounds like they had a fun day!

Amy said...

Perfect ending to your post!!! LOL

pretend toy storefront said...

Those are a bunch of toys they got!