Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Few Last Random Things from February

Oh, how my heart did sing on this day...my kids discovered this blog! I've showed them some things on it before, but they weren't totally into exploring all of it. On this day though, they sat at the kitchen table for several hours looking a pictures and laughing. I've written before about how Micah is always doing something goofy in pictures instead of smiling. Well, I've finally figured it out. This is what I get when I say, "Smile!"
This is what I get when I say, "Don't smile!"
Now, if I could just figure out how to get both of them to smile at the same time...

One day while we were playing hide and seek, I found Micah hiding in his Daddy's closet:
And then later he was wearing his Daddy's shoes.
Joey had definitely started getting into more and more things as he's become more and more mobile. Before we got the cabinet locks installed, here was Conner's answer to keeping Joey out:
I never thought a swamp snake would be such a necessary kitchen appliance!

Conner loves playing with his race car tracks.
Joey got his first major hair trimming the other day. We gave him a candy cane to help keep him still.He was pretty excited...
We had quite a bit of sickness in February...I didn't do as good a job as usual with recording quotes. Oh, well...here's what I do have:

While telling ghost stories one night:Conner: "Once upon a time, there was a very scary ghost whose name was...BOO!"Micah's turn: "Once upon a time, there was a vewy scawy ghost whose name was...PUMPKIN!"

Micah has been calling Josiah "Joey-Jo-Jo"

Bret was sitting on the couch, and Conner was "tying" him up with rubber snake. "Now you'll never get away," he said. "You'll be stuck here forever."
"Well I guess you'll have to start going to work for us. What skills do you have?"
"Hmmm..." Conner pondered. "I've got good Ninja skills."

The boys love to pick dandelions for me any time we're outside. Micah likes to stick them between the wooden slats on our porch. They of course, are very wilted by the time we come out again the next day. It's always very traumatic. "Mom, somebody kilwt (killed) your flowers!"

4 comments:

Robert said...

I'd love to see those ninja skills sometime.

Heidi said...

I've got to start writing down the things my kiddos say. I keep telling myself I am going to do that...but I don't actually take the time to write them somewhere! You are my inspiration to start doing this...!!

BooBoo said...

Glad your guys have discovered your blog...What a wonderful memory "book" (for ALL of us)! Pretty cool looking race track, Conner. You're right, I do need to come to your house!
Love you all! BooBoo pfu,wpfy

Hollie said...

LOVE IT! I'm agreeing with Heidi! I too need to take the time out to write things down more about my kiddos! Especially since their growing SO fast! Thanks for sharing, it's ALWAYS a joy to read your blog!