Monday, March 2, 2009

Grace

I have a new job. Actually, I feel a little bit guilty calling it a job. Let's try that again...

We have turned a new page in our adventure here at the home of the Wells Brothers. I am babysitting for a few hours three days a week. And get this -- I'm am babysitting a little girl!
Her name is Grace, and she is just a couple of months older than Joey. Grace and her family are members of our worship gathering, Christ Journey. She is one of the sweetest, most laid back little things I've ever seen. She is a joy, and we are so blessed to have her enter our lives in this way.

It's been a little crazy at times -- I'm getting a small taste of what it might be like to have one-year-old twins running around. But mostly it's been fun. The hardest part is when I'm laying one of the babies down for a nap, but we're getting that figured out, too. Micah has been so funny, trying to get his gender-pronouns down. Bless his heart, he/him/his are such defaults around here!

Conner and Micah play with the babies about half the time, and about half the time they seek sanctuary in their room. Joey and Grace play together about as well as a couple of one-year-olds could be expected to. They drink juice together...and are usually a little too good about sharing their cups. (That's got to be hard for a kid, share-share-share-no, we don't share our cups-share-share...!)
They shared their Cheerios the other day. (Love this picture!) And they enjoy looking out the window in the big brothers' room together.Joey just loves little Grace so much, in fact, that he can't stop kissing her. As soon as she gets here in the mornings and they get warmed up to each other, he's giving her kisses.You can tell she's a good girl, not too sure about a boy kissing on her so much. But my little flirt already enjoys a challenge, I think!
Grace was actually with us three days last week, and I feel so bad that I didn't mention her. I just wanted to give her her own introductory post, and last week was a busy week! (If you look at the pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey game, you can see the tail that she put on.) She even went to lunch with us on Friday. The waitresses thought she and Josiah were twins. They were so cute sitting in their high chairs next to each other at the end of the table!

So, this is Grace. She's pleased to meet you, and I'm sure she'll be "gracing" the annals of the Wells Brothers blog more in the coming days!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

The pics of little Gracie and Joey are SOOOO cute! How wonderful that she gets to share life with you guys a few hours a week....

Amy said...

Wow! I can't imagine throwing a little girl in the mix with 3 boys!! I keep a couple of girls (7 and 4 years) after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays for about an hour. The volume and pitch level definitely increase several notches!! haha

BooBoo said...

Beautiful little Gracie! I had noticed her name on the "Pin the Tail Game." Joey sure looks a bit sly/proud in that last picture. I know it's fun! ...guess my permanent mix was just the opposite... Love you! MOM pfu,wpfy

Chris Chappotin said...

Is there room for Ryan?