Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Wells Family Goodbye Party

A goodbye party at The Bounce House?! Do they know us or what?!

How perfect this little party was! The kids had a blast, the grown-ups were actually able to visit some (if they weren't in the bounce houses, too!),...and we will still be here for another week and a half so I didn't actually have to say goodbye to anyone yet. (Conner and Micah are leaving for Gammie's and Poppy's on Wednesday, so they were saying goodbye, but they don't really get it.)

Conner was in love from the moment we walked in. "This is the best place ever!"He was fearless, and went down the slide head-first immediately.Micah, a little more cautious and quite a bit smaller, needed some help getting up the ladder. So I threw on some socks and climbed up with him. He was so excited. We went up and down and up and down and up and down...so many times that I actually have a little bit of rope burn on my hands (from holding on to the straps as I climbed up). I'm not surprised that someone has an injury after an evening at The Bounce House...but I didn't think it would be me!Josiah, however, found an empty and willing pair of arms (thanks, Noel!)...and promptly went to sleep. He spent the rest of the night hopping from friend to friend. Who needs Mom or Dad?(And I guess he did get to bounce a little bit!)There were cute, cute cakes, decorated with pictures of our favorite people -- us! Michelle, you're the bomb.There were fun games,more good food,
and lots of good friends.TOCC, we will miss you. What a special place you hold in our hearts!

And PS -- I got my camera back and it works again! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Bret!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute pics! We sure are EXCITED about y'all coming to Christ Journey! I know it's hard to leave and start new roots somewhere new. Praying that y'all have a safe and stressfree weeks of packing, moving and adjusting! Blessings and Love!

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

I agree what a fun night! I needed a fun night because I was too sad Sun. morning thinking about not being able to be in the Wells brothers lives on a weekly basis. I am going to miss those boys so much.

Carrie Brown said...

Wow! We are sure going to miss you guys!!
CB

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Looks like you guys are very loved!! What a special event!