Monday, September 22, 2008

Living the Dream

For those of you who have been keeping up with us the last couple of days while Bret has been gone, let me just say that today was much better -- far from smooth -- but better. Conner was the line leader at school today, I got to go to the grocery store with only two kids, and although the doctor appointment in the middle of the day meant that Micah did not get a nap at all and Joey never did get a good nap today, it meant earlier bedtimes. We also had four less-than-ideal potty experiences. I'll save you the details, but I just don't know what's going on there. Maybe they're feeling the stress in the air, maybe Micah is feeling me out a little bit, who knows...

Then at dinner, I saw quite possibly one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. Conner got really excited that Josiah was eating applesauce and asked if he could feed him, too. At first I said no, but then I thought better of it (how could this mess be any worse than some of the others I've had the past couple of days?!) and let him. I am so glad that I did. While it was not very efficient (there was certainly no wiping of the chin), and I did almost break my ankle when I slipped in a puddle of it on the floor, it was so worth it. They had so much fun. Josiah just looked at Conner with the awe that only a little brother can have for his big brother. Then Micah wanted to do it, too, so I let Conner help Micah.I am so missing my camera. The video camera thing is working, but it's clumsy, slow, and not very clear. I'm hoping to get my camera back at the end of this week -- just in time to send kids to Gammie's so that we can pack...

And, to Daddy, here's your goobers tonight, each saying, "Love you, Daddy!"Okay, so Joey's not saying it, but I was saying it for him and this was the face he made!

Life is crazy here. It's hard, it's tiring, it's frustrating. But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. (Except to have Bret here with us!) I have wanted to be a wife and a mother for as long as I can remember. One of the reasons that I take the crazy pictures and record even the bad days is because I know the day will come that I will miss the diapers, baby food, crying, and little boy messes. To have craziness is to have happy, healthy, active little boys. I am so thankful for my husband, my kids, my perfect little family.

I am living the dream.

5 comments:

A Blessed Wife and Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Blessed Wife and Mom said...

What a great post! You are so right - sometimes in the midst of the spills, poop and screams, frustration is the only thing that rises to the top! But you have healthy, beautiful, funny children and we will so miss all the awesome stuff they do! You're a good mom for realizing it and enjoying the moments that you have now!

Amy said...

Just keep reminding yourself of that!! haha No seriously, though, thanks for the reminder, cuz you're right... it's what I always wanted, too!

Gammie said...

How cute is bug with his mouth open while feeding Josiah! It is so sweet how kind and sweet the "Bigger Brothers" are to help feed Joey! Oh be still my heart!
Yay, for messy houses and dirt smudged little boys! :)
greatbighugsandkissesandaiddybiddy
babyhugtoo!me

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

What sweet boys they all are! Brothers that love each other are the jewels in your crown.