Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Spiderman Underoos

After the boys went to sleep tonight, I was doing the laundry walk-through, picking up any random articles of clothing I could find to throw into the load I was starting. As I was dropping it into the washing machine, I had to do a double-take. My heart was pounding as a pulled the red article of clothing out. Could it be? Had the mystery been solved? Yes!! Hallelujah, it was the lost Spiderman Underoo shirt!!

Conner's Spiderman shirt has been missing for over a month now. This is particularly sad because we love to do the superhero underoo thing. He and Micah have matching Spiderman, Batman, and Incredible Hulk pjs. They have so much fun running around in them each night after their baths, and it just hasn't been the same since we've been one Spiderman short.

I had looked everywhere -- even unfolded all of the sheets to see if it had gotten wadded up in one of the corners in the dryer. (Does anyone else ever find lost socks that way?!) Bret and I were just talking about it yesterday, and I told him that I knew it was here. I knew it wasn't at Gammie's, I knew it wasn't at BooBoo's -- it would probably just randomly show up in the laundry some day. Lo and behold... We had some toys out today that haven't been out in a while, and I'm thinking it must have been somehow stashed away in them.

Don't you just love happy endings?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Gotta love those little superheroes! So cute!

Chris Chappotin said...

Aw, donkey!

A Blessed Wife and Mom said...

I know you'll be shockes - Reed has the same underoos!

Here's a great tip on how to solve that sock problem. Get Sock Locks! (www.sock-locks.com) I get the ones that are "doubles" - great for thicker socks. Get each member of the family a different color they will be super easy to sort. Teach the boys to always put their socks in them before they put them in the hamper (yes, easier said than done - I'm still working on Reed. Well, Brian, too, but that's beside the point). They go through the washer and dryer as a set and then to the drawer as a set. Brian used them when we got married and as it almost always happens, I made fun of him and then ended up loving it! (Brian's are white, Reed's are red, Hudson's are blue and mine are green) :)

Rachel said...

Thanks, Heather. I'll have to check out the sock-locks!