Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Bounce

The Bounce is one of those indoor bounce house places. You know -- a huge room filled with different kinds of bouncy things. This morning they had toddler time, only 2-5 year olds (and younger siblings) were allowed. We decided to go check it out.

The brothers had a ball. Well, actually (as you can tell from the picture -- we've been laughing at it all afternoon) Micah wasn't too sure about the big slide at first. He would do it as long as Conner was doing it with him, but it was still really scary. He got more brave the longer we were there and ventured out to other bouncies and even went down the slide by himself a few times.You can tell here just how high those slides are. I certainly can't blame Micah for being a little freaked out. They're really high for a two year old!
When we were finished at The Bounce, we got to go next door to Toys R Us. Trips to Toys R Us with Gammie are soooo much better than trips with just Mommy! Everyone came away with something (or several somethings) special. Thank you, Gammie and Poppy for a fun and adventurous day.

Oh, and by the way, Bret did make it home today. I think everything's going to be just fine. He spent the day cleaning our yard a little bit and checking on some friends' houses. I think there's a little more cleaning at our house in store for tomorrow, and there's cleaning at the church. Power is coming back on, people are starting to come home, stores are opening back up, I think we'll be fine...

2 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

Looks like you all had a great time!
See you soon! Be safe!
CB

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

That picture of Micah going down the slide could win an award. I think you should send it in to...something.
Glad your house is okay!!