Tuesday, September 23, 2008

He's a Jumparoo!

We love our jumparoo. MeeMaw gave it to Conner for his first Christmas, and it has become a way of life for us. As soon as these boys have been able to hold themselves up pretty good, we've had them in it. It's been the dinnertime routine -- time to fix dinner, baby goes in it, I work in the kitchen, they jump, everyone's happy.

You know they're completely in love with it when you can't get them to stand anymore. You're holding them on your lap, try to stand them up, their feet hit your legs, and they start bouncing, even get mad if you're not helping them out. Joey hit that point yesterday. I couldn't get him to stand up for anything. Poor kid, though, at 20+ pounds, my arms can only bounce for so long! I think that's a pretty cute little stage.

He was having so much fun that I couldn't even get him to stop long enough to take the picture. They all looked about like this... ...until I enlisted Conner's help. Anything for Big Brother!
(And yes, the blanket wadded up in there is Coach. Joey had just woken up, and wouldn't let go...Coach is becoming a regular little member of the family...)

(And...the alter-egos seemed to be gone today. Today was about as normal as it gets around here. Thank you, Lord!)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Such cute pics of Joey! I love the fact that he was smiling so big for Conner. My boys have a great relationship and it warms my heart! I'm sure your boys do too, of course the dynamic is a little different with 3, I'm sure! Jonathan had one of those when he was a baby-- we called it a Johnny Jump Up! Anyway, I let a friend borrow it, then moved, and never got it back! =/

Anonymous said...

Hey, its a free babysitter...hehe! Ryan never really took to his...maybe our next one will???!!!