Sunday, September 21, 2008

300 Laps...Well, Almost

Day #2 of just the boys and me was quite a day, as well.

By 8am I had already had a nice little phone conversation with Poison Control. (Long story short -- Micah is fine.) Those crazy gummy vitamins taste just like candy. He ate everything in the bottle, but thankfully it was already nearly empty... Conner told me later than he had actually eaten some of them, too. I guess between there not being very many in the bottle, and then them sharing that much, it just wasn't enough to hurt anyone. Thank you, Lord!

I had let Micah out to "go tee tee in the outside." When he was ready to come in, I found him with his shirt soaked in pee. He had pee running down his legs, and was wiping it off of his hands onto the door. I don't know what in the world he was doing.

And then I found him coming out of the bathroom, and trail of poop-footprints following him. (Once again, I don't know why, I don't know how, his feet were clean when I got to him. He did however, clean them all up by himself -- and actually did a really good job. I'm going to have to employ that skill -- cleaning the floor, not specifically cleaning poop! -- more often.)

"Oh my goodness," I thought, "this child just might do me in today. Good thing the other ones are being good."

Then it was Conner's turn. Bless his heart, he was just trying to pour himself a glass of milk...
and then apparently sat in it to keep it from rolling under the door. It took me a few minutes to figure out why I couldn't get him to stand up!

Not long after that we had blue gatorade rolling across the table, under the place mats, onto the chairs, onto the floors, onto five feet...

I was not a my rope's end yet, but I was making my way to the frayed and useless part quickly!

Then Conner said, "I think I'm going to run around the couch 100 times. Will you count for me?" Sounds like a deal to me! Micah started off running with him. Here's the play-by-play. (Yes, I happened to have some paper and a pen there next to me, so I started writing it down. I'm a dork.)
  • Lap 22: Micah dropped out
  • Lap 24: Conner got excited now that he was not having to run around Micah and decided he was going to go for 200 laps.
  • Lap 37: Ran into the arm of the couch, bumped his head. I thought he was done, but he kept on going.
  • Lap 55: "I think I need a little break, Mom." ...all of about ten seconds!
  • Lap 59: Another ten second break
  • Lap 72: Micah joined in again -- but only for two laps
  • Lap 76: Another ten second break
  • Lap 100: "Now I'm going to 200!"
  • Lap 101: "Well, maybe I'll go to 300."
  • Lap 124: "My feet are kinda starting to hurt, Mom." I asked him if he needed to stop. Of course not!
  • Lap 132: Micah decided to tickle Conner every time he ran by. It only lasted for 5 or 6 laps, but it was really cute and fun.
  • Lap 144: Twenty second break. "How do you like my exercising, Mom? I have to exercise so I'll be superfast at my basketball camp." Huh? I knew nothing about a basketball camp! "So I'll be so fast that everyone will go in a tornado -- the other team, I mean."
  • Lap 163: Ten second break
  • Lap 170: "Oooh! I love this part!" (The Backyardigans were on.) "I need take a movie break." I thought this was the end. But sure enough, probably not even a minute later, he had seen what he wanted to see and was at it again.
  • Lap 186: Ten second break
  • Lap 194: He actually started limping a little...but said he was fine and insisted on going longer.
  • Lap 200: "Oh, yeah! Now I'm going to 300!"
  • Lap 219: "I'm gonna run all day."
  • Lap 220: "...and all night."
  • Lap 223: "Maybe I'll run for two whole days!"
  • Lap 234: Ten second break
  • Lap 250: Micah got out a cool toy. Conner got distracted, stopped to play, and I never heard any more about it.
A crazy, random activity, but it was lots of fun, and it was the pick-me-up we all needed. Thanks, Conner!

Oh, Monday...what do you have in store for me? (Besides the trip to WalMart while Conner is at school. And Joey's six month checkup right smack dab in the middle of lap time...)

7 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

OH RACHEL!!!!! BLESS YOU!!!! Conner, definately the oldest child..persistent and following through! Good luck manana!

Yogi said...

I'm so glad you're able to see, smell, and touch those beautiful flowers amid the thorny jungle! What could have been an absolute donkey day turned out to have a bit of thouroughbred in it! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Girl....I feel your pain. I DID NOT have a good day with my sweet little 2 year old yesterday! Many times during the day I was near tears....I hope your Monday is AWESOME!

Amy said...

I'm impressed with Conner's stamina! I may have to suggest that to my boys next time they need to work off some energy!

Anonymous said...

When I saw Bret yesterday at Worship and he had told me about the vitamins and you being "home alone", I told him I'd be praying for you! WOW, what an exciting last couple of days you've had! The first thing that popped in my head about Conner running around was "Forrest Gump", run Forrest, run! LOL...bad example..anyway..praying you have a GREAT week! Really enjoy reading your post and how life in the Wells household are! Really helps to know I'm not alone! Thanks!!!

Chelsie Sargent said...

My day just got a little brighter- I loved that story:)!

Adron & Houston T. said...

LOL, I love the part about the basetball camp... Love the story LOL!!!