MeeMaw has been pretty sick over the past few weeks. She is now out of the hospital and in a nursing home, working hard to get strong enough to go back home. (Yes, this is the MeeMaw who lost our PeePaw a couple of months ago...)
The Big Brothers and I were talking about making a card or something to send her in the mail, but were having a hard time deciding what we be fun and special enough for MeeMaw. Then we realized that we could send her flowers -- flowers that we made.
You see, this is better than real flowers. (In my mind, anyway...) These flowers will last longer, and are so appropriate for MeeMaw. I have many, many fond memories involving all of the wonderful paper, markers, glue, scissors, and other art supplies (and oh, all the glitter!) MeeMaw always had around. She was a school teacher, so there was the stuff that we could use, and then some other stuff in a separate cabinet that we were not supposed to use. But I remember that if I asked just right, and if the "little kids" weren't around, she would let me use them, "as long as you're careful and put them back where you found them." Oh, such fun!
So we got to work. Micah and I looked through some magazines for flowers. When we found some that he liked, I cut them out, and he glued them on. The blue ones are his "fa-brit" (favorite).
Conner drew a flower. Call me crazy, but I think it is so beautiful in its simplicity. "Sure, I can draw a flower. I'm really good at drawing flowers."
We love you MeeMaw, and we hope you feel better soon!
6 comments:
Getting mail is so fun! Especially little kids pictures. What a precious gift your mee ma will get. Grandmothers are the best! How blessed are those of us who had active grandmothers in our lives.
She will love ALL of it! Yes, my mom has to be the sweetest lady of all! I've always said I wanted to be the kind of mother/mother-in-law she's been to us (my brother & me and our spouses) as grown up children. (I know you've heard me say that more than once, Rachel!) but I just want to lift her up once again as that kind of woman!
Love you sweetie & family! MOM pfu,wpfy
...and you know...Micah has his tongue out in both pictures! Just goes to prove that that IS Micah!
Love again/still! MOM
pfu,wpfy
What a perfect idea! I know Memaw will L-O-V-E it. And, what a perfect opportunity to teach the boys about ways to show their love for others. Even little Joey helped out by napping -cute thumb sucking pic by the way.
Mom shared this with me last night:
Meemaw LOVED the blog. It, of course, brought tears to her eyes...actually, one rolled down her cheek!...and she had to share with (or brag to!) her roommate. Thanks for being such a sweetie!
and this should be recorded, too...When I gave Meemaw the pictures yesterday, she again was rather choked up. She wanted Micah to know that she thought blue must be God's favorite, too, because his (Micah's)eyes were blue, Conner's eyes were blue, and Joey's eyes were blue. And look at all the blue God put in the sky! And for Conner, she wanted him to know that she could see "I love you, Meemaw!" in every stroke drawn on his beautiful flower. ...and she has the pictures proudly displayed in her room at the nursing home/rehab facility. Thanks, boys! and thanks Rach, for directing those sweet boys actions and thoughts in such a loving, giving manner! Hope your day goes well & you get another "booster-shot" of a day! Love you, MOM pfu,wpfy
Post a Comment