Thursday, September 4, 2008

August Was a Good One!

Conner's been "pretend cooking" up a storm -- especially since he got his own timer and "cooking tools" for his birthday!Found you, Micah!I love it when I walk in the room and find Conner reading a book to Micah!
Big news in the Wells' World -- Joey's loving the jumparoo!
Ummm...a little too much toilet paper, Micah. Maybe you should stop eating the Mardi Gras beads and actually pay attention to what you're doing!Joey is sitting up now. No one is as excited about that as he is!
Conner has been reading a lot -- but not always with this goofy expression...
Here's the brothers with MeeMaw, my grandmother. She has recently moved in with my parents, so we've had the pleasure of seeing her a lot more this summer. I love this picture because everyone is looking at the camera -- a near impossible feat!
What a goober!
Micah is beginning to develop quite an interest in crayons/markers over the past few weeks. That's been lots of fun, but it's also meant that in the process of learning the rules we've had several messes like this...
My happy Joey

Conner has been "pretend cooking" a lot. As he finishes each recipe, he always has two of whatever it is he is making -- one for him to "eat" and one for either me or Bret. The other day he was making cinnamon rolls. "Mommy," he said, "there's just one cinnamon roll and it's just for you because I know you like them" Oh my goodness, melt my little mommy heart!

Micah, after watching Conner play patty cake with Josiah, laughing at Josiah's cute little belly laughs, decided to try it on his own: "Patty cake. Baker's man. Roll it up. Throw it in the pan." Josiah still laughed...

Conner got to shoot some clays with his Daddy, Yogi, and Uncle Chris. He was shooting a 4-10 and has a blast. His report to BooBoo and me: "I shooted the clays five times all by myself and I was shooting a 10-4!"

Conner, after nearly any random occurence: "Well that's certainly un=convenient!"

After reading Dr. Seuss' Are You My Mother with Micah one night before bed, I asked him, "Micah, where's your mother?" He pointed at me and said, "There. You not a bird. You a mommy mother."

Apparently Micah is just now noticing the wall outlets. He pointed to one the other day and asked what it was. I told him it was a plug, and that it was dangerous, he shouldn't touch it. "Oh," he said, "it a plug like Josiah's?" Ummm...no, not exactly..."

Micah, crying in horror and disgust after Joey drooled on him: "Mommy, Josiah got water on me!"

At the dinner table:
Me: "Ummm...Conner, why are you licking the bottom of your foot?"
Conner: A quick glance up and back to licking.
Me, upon closer inspection: "Did you step on macaroni so now you're licking it off you foot?"
Conner: "Yup. I'm eating it all gone."

At Conner's birthday party when we were all laughing at Josiah busting a gut at the party blowers, Conner exclaimed, "It's a good thing Josiah is alive!"

2 comments:

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

The child's mind is so easy to understand. So uncomplicated! Wish we all could see the world through their eyes for our entire lives. I love their cute conversations! Nice job recording them because they are so easy to forget.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Thanks for always sharing...I am trying to be better about writing down funny things my kid say...you're my inspiration!