Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dad's Night

Tonight was Dad's Night at Micah's preschool. It's a special night that the kids get to have -- just me and Dad.

Micah has been sooo excited. Partly because he gets to do something special with Daddy...and partly because Conner and Joey don't get to do it. :) They brought home a little invitation last week, and Micah has memorized part of it -- "There will be toys and games and a cwaft table." He's been counting down the days, and this morning I lost count of how many times I had to explain that Dad's Night would not be until the night.

I made dinner for Joey and Conner before it was time for Micah and Bret to leave. And of course, Micah wanted some. And then he wanted dessert. So the dinner they were supposed to eat together became nothing but a cheese roll-up from Taco Bell and a Dr Pepper (drinken with a snowman straw!) -- but really, the kid couldn't have been any happier.Of course I wasn't there, so I don't know exactly what all went on, but it sounded like they had a great time. Dinner, a craft table with train stamps and inkpads, some kind of game with squares, all their friends from school, and who knows what all else.

Glad you guys had fun! You both make me proud!
post signature

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

and huray for Bret taking a picture!