Friday, January 8, 2010

Battle Axes

My sister, Jodi dropped by this morning. She had gifts for the Wellsbrothers that she just couldn't wait to give them -- battle axes. They're just made out of foam, and they were off the dollar aisle at Target, but they looked pretty cool and the boys love them.

It didn't matter that they didn't really know what a battle axe was, or what it was used for. It's just one of those things that I guess is hard-wired into their little-boy-bodies. No sooner were the crazy things in their hands, than did they start swinging at things. Even Joey.

In fact, Joey got the hang of it so well that within a matter of minutes, his looked like this:Later this evening, we heard a commotion. Then it was quiet. And then there was a sweet little voice, "Conner! Conner, come out!"

Bret went to check things out, and then laughing too hard to talk, motioned for me to come see what was awaiting Conner's exit from the bathroom:
I think there was a scene in some kind of horror movie that looked something like that. Funny stuff! :)
post signature

4 comments:

Jess said...

sadly, my 30 year old husband bought those for himself and all day on Sunday he kept attacking me with them. they are on our kitchen counter, and as of last night, i am not allowed to put them away...i guess he needs to attack me more?

Tiffany said...

love it!! us middle children have to learn how to fend for ourselves however possible!!!

Gammie said...

I can't stop laughing, yet I feel the need to be a little frightened ;)

Bonnie said...

...and this is the kid that was "drilling" a hole in Joey's head last year at Christmas, too, isn't it?
funny, funny Micah! (very cute!)