Friday, July 3, 2009

The Splashpads

We found a wonderful new park here. It's in Crowley, and it has a fun little feature in it called a Splashpad. It's sprinklers and fountains and buckets and water shooters and all kinds of fun stuff -- in a fenced in little area, with shaded picnic tables for the mommies. And it's free!We heard about it from our friend Becca, checked it out, and fell in love. And since then, we've arranged a standing weekly playdate with our Christ Journey friends. It's so nice to go to places like this with friends -- the kids have someone to play with, the adults have someone to talk to, all the adults help keep an eye on everyone's else's kids, you don't have to drag everyone else away from the fun if someone needs a potty break because friends will help. And it's really nice when some of those friends are girls who are big enough and old enough to be interested in carrying Joey around! :)We don't have to go through the trouble of organizing it each week. We just know that on Thursdays at ten, more than likely we'll have some CJ friends at the Splashpads, ready to play with us.

This Thursday was the first time that we got to go, and let me just tell you that we had a blast.The kids threw their balls into the buckets, and then laughed hysterically when the bucket filled up with water and dumped it on them. Conner and Madison even found a little ladybug that they played with for awhile. (Thank you, Katie for the pictures!) Here's some more of our friends:On another note though, I just have to say how much this is making me miss the fountains in Mandeville, and our standing playdate friends there. It was some of you who began to teach me the fun, value, and importance of community with our children and in the parks. I love you ladies and I've missed you terribly this week...

4 comments:

BooBoo said...

Nothing quite like summertime fun with children and friends! Thank you, God, for these rich blessings!
pfu,wpfy

Heidi said...

Thanks for the pictures of my kiddos! I'll be sure and bring my camera this week....

Gammie said...

That looks like sooo much fun! I'm so glad you found it:)
greatbighugsandkisses!Muuuah!me

Lee and Michelle said...

What a fun place! I've got to admit that the splashpad beats the trailhead waterspouts as far as the "fun factor" goes. We miss you too!