Wednesday, July 8, 2009

June Memories

Micah and the tag on his Softie. He likes to smell of it.We saw a magician at the library a few weeks ago. Conner and Micah loved it. Conner the Great came straight home and learned a disappearing coin trick!Joey playing "ghost" in his towel. The funny part of this pictuer is Conner and Micah "hiding" in the background. :)
"Got him! Quick Mom, take a picture!"
Conner chowing down on some home-grown chicken!
Bret and Joey, one Friday just after Bret came home from a week of class at SMU. They were both worn out.
Micah was very proud of all of his Pokemon stickers!
One errand too many that day...
Micah is soooo proud of himself now that he can swim with his life jacket on!!
Conner, hugging Bret during worship on Father's Day. Conner had just finished reading a special Father's Day poem in the microphone, and Bret is wearing the special gift that Conner and Micah had made for him during Bible class.
Micah "caught" a fly one day with the lasso on his cowboy toy. He was very proud of himself. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the fly was actually dead.
I just like these pictures of the boys.
Quotes:
Micah, one afternoon when I was busy cooking dinner: "Mom, you just need to turn the kitchen off 'cause I need to hold you."
Micah: "Mom, your legs are not soft. They're very pokey."
Conner: "I think I would like it if I was the baby and Josiah was the big kid. I would mess up all of his stuff."

Micah: "Mommy, this is the yummiest and the foodiest supper ever." It was chicken, mac and cheese, and green beans. We have it all the time.

Conner: "It sure would be hard for us to know who we were talking to if we were all named Dave."

Conner: "I made a false theme song, Mommy. It's mostly true, but not all. It's about scissors. Do you want to hear it?"
"Sure!"
"I'm stronger than paper,I'm stronger than wood,I'm stronger than metal,I'm scissors, you should... I said 'should' at the end because I wanted it to rhyme. You know, like you SHOULD be scissors. 'Stronger than metal' is the false part." (But later that day we learned about special scissors that can cut metal!)

Conner: "Mom, I don't want to say this bad word, but oh my #@*gosh*#$ this canteloupe is good!"
Micah: "Golly, Molly, this canteloupe is warm!"

Conner: "When I grow up, I'm going to be an adventurer."
Micah: "When I grow up, I'm going to be a vampire bat. So I can scare Conner."

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Love all the quotes. I cannot believe how old Joey looks in the last picture....WOW!

CB said...

What great pictures from this month Rachel!! And I love the conversation where Micah wants to be the Vampire bat!! Too funny!!

BooBoo said...

great quotes & pictures! 'specially like that one of Conner & Bret huggin'
pfu,wpfy

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Grant smells his blankie as well. Must be a guy thing.