
I miss Texas. My sister picked me up at the airport in Dallas the other day, and I was just in awe at how beautiful all the wildflowers were. The bluebonnets were in full bloom, along with the Indian Paintbrushes, Buttercups, and all kinds of other yellow, white, purple, and pink flowers. I hadn't realized it until then, but there just aren't any wildflowers here in southern Louisiana like there are at home. (I made it a point to notice as I was driving home -- there really aren't!) Louisiana is pretty enough with the pine trees and swamps, but there is nothing like the wildflowers, oak trees, pastures, rocks, hills, and sky of home.
Everyone likes to take pictures of their kids in the bluebonnets...I am no different. Mom took us out to the
state park one day:

Found a ladybug:

Sorry...the sun was so bright that there was absolutely
no way we were going to get them to actually look at the camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment