I'm feeling like Conner and Joey have both had several posts dedicated nearly entirely to them, and poor Micah is being left out. So here's to Micah, a dozen things that make him special:
1. If his mean ol' mommy and daddy would let him, Micah would live on macaroni and cheese, string cheese, chocolate milk, and fruit snacks.
2. He needs cup of warm milk before he goes to sleep at night.
3. If anyone else in the house has their shoes on, he must have his on, too. I think he's afraid that if someone has their shoes on, they are going somewhere, and if they are going somewhere, he wants to come along!
4. Micah loves outside, balls, hide-and-seek, and Chuck E. Cheese.
5. When we play outiside in the front yard, he always has to ring the front doorbell a few times.
6. I'm a little embarrassed to say that he knows the names of nearly every kiddie show that comes on Playhouse Disney, PBS Kids, and Nick Jr...we've watched way too much TV the past several months, but hey, we're surviving!
7. Micah has a double cow-lick on the top of his head -- just like his Uncle Ira, MeeMaw, and Gammie (I think?). His hair hardly ever lays down, no matter what I do to it. We still call him "Spikah" from time to time.
8. His belly button is an outie.
9. He loves to wake Josiah up.
10. He doesn't like to have his picture taken. If he realizes that the camera is aimed toward him, he puts on his mad face and in his really deep (for a two-year-old, anyway) voice says, "No Mom. No pi-cher."
11. Micah doesn't go anywhere without his blue blanket, named "softie." His teachers at church and the preschool won't take him without Softie! We actually have four of them -- two that live in his closet (so there's always at least one clean and ready to go), one that lives in the van, and one that is always with him.
12. He's a great cuddler -- if you don't mind sharing your cuddles with softie. He will always be one of my babies.
5 comments:
He is such a cutie!! And I love that he has a blanket and sucks his thumb like Ryan...too sweet!
He is too cute!
Good idea with the extra blankets - like I would expect anything less from you.
The mad face and the pic with softee looks like his Gammie the first hour that she's awake !!! Scary !!! Love Ya Man !!!! Poppie
Heidi, it was too sweet how Ryan was so confused about the blankets the other day. He's a cutie, too!
Jeremy, here's the scoop on the softie: When Micah was about 13 months old, he got a bad stomach bug and was hospitalized for about three days for dehydration. He was just starting to get attached to a couple of different little lovie things, but none of them made it to the hospital with us because they all had puke on them. (Sorry if that's TMI!) It was really becoming an issue, so Bret ran to Target and got the blue one that we have now. That was the one he had in the hospital, and he didn't want to have anything to do with any of the other ones after we got home. Then, he still kind of had tummy issues for about 6 months or so after we got home. (Yeah, I know...he was really sick!) Softie was always with him, and thus getting really gross on a pretty regular basis. I kept going to pick up one more extra to have on hand until it worked -- four was the perfect number.
Poppy, we've always said that Eason was a great name for him!
Hey! I recognize those jammies!
Post a Comment