Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cute Pictures and Funny Quotes from April...

"Look at my pez, mom!" It finally got warm enough to play in the water.

Love that big ol' smile! Okay, I know, it's a little cheesy that we've all got matching outfits, but everyone is actually looking at the camera and not making weird faces. (And we did this with the timer on the camera!!) Bret's mother and sister found the clothes and couldn't resist -- we had to take a picture. Thanks, Gammie and Aggie!
Only Photographer Conner can get Poppy to make this face.
" See my dinosaur, Josiah?" (You can't tell here, but this dinosaur is actually roaring and snapping his jaws at the baby. I got the pic quick and then sent the dinosaur on to prey on something else!)
Yummy popsicles Conner
Silly, silly, silly Micah. (He's got the lid to a water bottle in his mouth. This is a fun new trick that he does with all kinds of little toys and thinks it's hilarious.)
Joey discovered the mobile and loves it.
Joey
Yes, he's in the bathroom at a fast food restaurant standing under the hand dryer! We were on our way home from the wedding, I still had the camera in the diaper bag, and he thought this was so funny! Conner cuddles Joey
Mom took us to Dinosaur Valley State Park. The T-Rex is too cool!
When Joey cries, both big brothers come running to see what's wrong and do their best to help. Conner shoves the plug (that's what we call the pacifier -- hey, just being honest here!) into his mouth, and Micah gets in his face and yells "It's okay Jo-siah." Poor baby.
"But I want to wear it this way, Mom!"

Conner, to Bret: "You're not my only daddy, you know."
Bret: "Oh, really? Who's your other daddy?"
Conner: "God."

Micah (he's counting): "one...doo...free...fo-wer...senin...ay...ni...tin...ewenin.........fo-wer...doo...fi"

Bret: "Conner, if someone asked you who God is, what would you say?"
Conner: "He's big and he's awesome and he loves us."
Bret: "Why can't we see him?"
Conner: "Because he lives in heaven and its far, far away."
Bret: "So how can he hear us when we pray?"
Conner: "Because he has REALLY big ears."

Conner, to Rachel: "But Mommy, I want to fly on the airplane, too."
Rachel: "Well, you don't have a ticket." I showed him mine, which I had printed on pink paper. (That's all we had.) "See, it says 'Rachel Wells,' not 'Conner Wells.'
Conner: "Well, let's get some pink paper and write my name on it. Then I can have a ticket and fly on the airplane with you."

When Micah wakes up in the morning and Conner is not up yet, he always says, "Need Conner." Too sweet! Then he says, "Got poopy, Mom. Need new diaper. Need chockit milk. Need watch TV. Need sit on brown couch." He's pretty demanding first thing in the morning!

At 7pm one night:
Conner, to Bret: "Whew, I'm really tired!"
Bret: "Well, do you want to go to sleep?"
Conner: "Naw. How 'bout we get some drinks...you can have some coffee and I can have some milk and we can just lay here and cuddle."

Conner was watching Joey lay on the bed, kicking his feet and waving his arms. "Daddy, is he trying to make snow angels? There's no snow."

"Yay! Poopy in potty!" --Micah!!!

Micah, pointing at the TV: "Need in there." I was watching Jon & Kate Plus Eight, the episode about the games the Gosselins Play -- they were playing hide-and-seek and duck-duck-goose. (Have you ever watched the show? It's on TLC. I'm totally into it!)

One day Conner was saying that he was upset at God because he doesn't get EVERY toy he asks for. (A little embarassing...but I'm trying to keep it honest here!) Bret talked to him about all the wonderful things that God has given us -- particularly family that loves us. Conner said, "I know, I know God gives us people. But I want toys." So Bret told Conner that there are children that live in our town who don't have any toys at all and Conner has more than he can play with. Conner got pretty quiet and after a minute looked at Bret and in a beautiful sweet and innocent little voice said, "Daddy...do you think that story makes me less sad about not getting all the toys I want?" Bret said, "I don't know, Conner, does it?" In an immediate, short, quick, and harsh response, eyebrows furrowed in anger, Conner snapped, "NO!"

6 comments:

Chris Chappotin said...

I'm a little upset that Bret didn't wear a skirt.

Amy said...

I'm impressed that Conner has been able to keep up with all those pez dispensers!

Bret Wells said...

Chris,

You're interest in cross-dressing intrigues me. I'm available for counseling if you need.

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!! I love the stories...

Rachel said...

Amy, we have soooo many pez dispensers...what you see might only be half of them. People started finding out that he loves them, and it seems like someone gives him another one everytime we turn around. We've managed to keep up with them because poor Conner's mother makes him organize his toy box. It's not a box full of toys -- it's a box full of boxes of sorted toys. I'm crazy, I know! The stash is actually starting to dwindle a bit as Micah is getting older. They have come up with a new game called "pez fight" in which there are inevitably several pez fatalities everytime they play.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man...Conner's honesty...the toy thing had your dad & I rolling... One of my favorite quotes from Conner during the wedding activities was this:

"Wow! Look what I found!" --Conner, as he walked into the hall at which we were having the rehearsal dinner...It was lit with twinkle lights and had a black & white checked floor (very impressive!) But the tone in his voice and the animation in his face relayed to all those around that he was a great explorer and had made a wonderful discovery and was generous enough to share it with all those who came! Thanks, Conner!
BooBoo & MOM
pfu,wpfy