Saturday, April 26, 2008

An Innie, an Outtie, and a Stub (Still!)


The little belly buttons in this house seem to have as distinct personalities as the little boys to which they belong.

Conner is normal and has an innie, but it is not a normal innie. I guess you could say it's really more of a "flattie," because it exactly doesn't go in.

Micah has an outtie. It sticks out enough that you can sometimes tell even when he has a shirt on.

Joey is seven weeks old today and still hasn't lost his umbilical cord. Most babies lose it around 2-3 weeks old, which is when the other two lost theirs. Joey is going at least three times that long! The doctor said, "Oh, he hasn't lost his cord yet," when he went for a checkup last week. But she just cleaned it out and said, "You know what they say, the longer they keep it the more of a mama's baby they'll be!" We'll see...

I actually got some pretty funny ones when I was trying to take this picture and yes, Conner has his undies on backwards (like usual!). Here's one of my favorites:

2 comments:

Bret Wells said...

Man that last picture is so appropriate...

Conner's mouth is wide open.

Josiah is struggling for survival.

And Micah is showing his...umm...diaper

Rachel said...

I think that's why I love it so much!