Thursday, July 3, 2008

Just Another Day in Potty World

Yes, another day in potty world... Today it was Conner who was the star, though. I'll try to spare you the ugly (or runny!) details...let's just say that it was not the positive excitement of potty training in the air today, but the negative excitement of a tummy bug. As Conner so eloquently put it, "Ahhh! This is so frustrating!!" And in the middle of it all, Micah managed to sneak in four of his own signature episodes. Poor Conner...he needed the toilet paper, I needed Micah to not get ahold of it...I spent a lot of the day hurrying to get it down out of the window sill (it's new temporary home) for Conner and then hurrying to get it back there before Micah got it.

At one point today, as I was cleaning up Conner and the trail he had left, trying to get Micah to hang on for just one more minute for his turn, as Joey was lying on a towel on the floor just a few feet away, I was thinking about just how gross that little bathroom had to be...I could almost feel the germs crawling on me, and the thought of more days like this, possibly time five...well, I found myself wondering just how bad it would be to wipe Conner down with the Clorox wipes sitting there. Don't worry -- I didn't -- but the thought did sound wonderfully clean. Good thing I didn't. The label says, in bold print, "Not for cleaning or sanitizing skin. Do not use as a diaper wipe or for personal cleansing." Duh. Clorox disinfecting wipes. Yet, it was oh, so tempting!

No pictures from Potty World today, for obvious reasons...

I'm feeling like poor little Josiah is being left out, though. Bless his heart, he's been doing his #2 once a day, in the morning, in his diaper, just like a good little three month old should. Thank you, Joey! He's been working on rolling over, getting on his side pretty good. Here's a cute picture:

1 comment:

Yogi said...

Ahhh...that cute little Joey with his smile & curled up toes! He's the little "rose" that God put in your path to take the time to smell yesterday...(certainly better than the other smells that were surrounding you!) Hope Conner is feeling better & that nasty little tummy bug was flushed down the drain right out of Potty World...Love you! MOM pfu,wpfy