Sunday, July 13, 2008

Several Sunday Snippets

Nothing huge going on today...just a day.

Here's several little snippets that I wanted to remember, though:

Conner was sitting in my lap during church. He never does that anymore. While we were singing, he turned around, and said, "Wow, it's really pretty when you sing like that, Mom."

Micah went to church in big boy undies...and told his teachers when he needed to go potty three times! He came home dry. I hate to use the "o" word, so I'll say it this way -- I think we're
"--fficially" potty-trained... Yippee!

Josiah stayed in the nursery for all of class and worship today. He sat in the little seat, ate the little toys, took a nap...didn't miss me at all. I like to keep him with me during in church because it's time that I get to just hold and enjoy him, time that I get far too little of. How can I not take him to class, though, when he's so into it? Time to quit being selfish, Mom...sniff, sniff. Micah said an especially beautiful lunch-time prayer. As we were eating watermelon, Conner said, "Dad, you ate a seed! You're gonna die!" (Still a little scarred from the fish?!)
Bret said, "Nope, probably not."
"Then what will happen to you if you eat the seeds?"
"A watermelon will grow in your tummy."
I had to add: "My Dad used to always tell me that it would grow out of my ear."
Conner's biggest concern: "Oh no! That would make such a mess!"

Bret found a frog while he was outside cooking dinner -- always exciting.
And we ended it all with a wonderful dinner of rotisserie chicken cooked on the pit, homemade mashed potatoes, and two little boys that cleaned their plates, asked for more, and got ice cream for their efforts. Full tummies equalled an easy bedtime, too...

1 comment:

Yogi said...

What a blessed day! and what a gift to see those blessings in the "ordinary!" May you be blessed with many more!
Love you!
MOM
pfu,wpfy