Saturday, July 5, 2008

Yesterday Just Wasn't Enough!

We were so busy running around with friends yesterday that we didn't have a chance to make use of the watermelon and firecrackers we had at home. That made for another great day today!

First let me just make note that Joey slept until 7:30, Micah slept until 8:15, and Conner slept until 8:45. Sleeping this late is highly unusual -- and wonderful!

We're not wild and crazy with the fireworks -- just a few poppers, party poppers, colored smoke bombs, and a few other fairly tame items. Conner and Micah had a ball.
I think this picture is funny. Conner is running around, waving the streamers from the party poppers. His little arm is moving so fast you can hardly see it. :)
Joey loved watching the action!
...and the clean-up crew. They had to clean up the mess before we could eat watermelon. They had quite a system going -- Conner would "sweep" things into something resembling a pile, Micah would pick it up to put it in the trashbag (but always ended up scattering it around again), and Bret came around behind them both and actually got the trash where it needed to go. I was exempt because I was feeding Josiah...
Finally we got to eat watermelon...or I guess I should say they got to eat watermelon. (Outside with no shirts, of course!) I myself am not a watermelon fan. Here's a couple of pics. Kids eating watermelon are always cute!

1 comment:

Gammie said...

What a wonderful day it looks like y'all had! Smiles, smiles and more smiles! Thanks for letting us share in the memory of the day! Feels kinda like we got to share the day with you all! lovekissesandgreatbighugswithaiddybiddybabyonetoo!me