Saturday, July 26, 2008

Four P's and a Very Important G

Friday, July 25, 2008

The. Wells. Brothers. Are. So. Tired.

This is the fourth time we have made the 1000+ mile, 10 to 13 hour round trip from our house to grandparents since April. Joey is four months old, this is trip number four. They are getting to be great little travelers and we are greatly indebted to The Backyardigans, but they are tired all the same. Yesterday as we were driving in, Conner was pretty much begging to go to sleep, he just couldn’t do it. Micah was doing the I-can’t-stop-bugging-my-big-brother-or-stop-moving-or-making-noise-or-I-know-I’ll-go-to-sleep-and-I-certainly-don’t-want-to-do-that thing. Joey just couldn’t stay asleep for more than thirty or so minutes at a time. Awesome…

It was quite obvious that what everyone needed was some R&R today. There was lots of playing in the house, they watched Ratatouille and Chicken Little, but the two exciting event of the day were the four P’s and a G.

"G"ammie took the brothers out to swim in the "p"ool, have a "p"icnic, and eat "p"opsicles.

Then this evening, "P"oppy took them “down to the bottom” to look for animals. They usually see all kinds of stuff – deer, snakes, skunks, rabbits, donkeys, cows, horses, hogs, hawks, etc… Conner was hoping for 33 deer…the report when they came back was only a few cows. It was fun all the same, though!

It’s back in the van tomorrow. Hopefully the new Backyardigans movie Bret picked up today will do the trick…

No comments: