Conner’s birthday is not until August 24th. But we live hours and hours away from all the family. We are here now, don’t really know when we’ll be back again, and always looking for an excuse for a party (and more food)! What better than a birthday a month away? We did the party, presents, cake, Chuck E. Cheese, etc at Gammie’s. Booboo had the same idea to celebrate the birthday early, only in a much different way.
We had an anniversary/unbirthday party. All the family came in, with the exception of Ira (that pesky old bank thinks Wednesdays are work days!) and the addition of MeeMaw. We had hot dogs, sausages, chips, dips, fresh fruit grown in Dad’s garden…and unbirthday banana pudding. There was a “5” candle for Conner, “3” for Micah, and a “1” for Joey. (Good grief! I'm not ready for them to all be that old. I guess its a good thing they're not really yet!) After we sang to them and they blew out their candles, (Joey slept trough it all) we rearranged the candles into a 31 because today was (really) Mom’s and Dad’s 31st anniversary.
Lots of fun, lots of family, and lots of balloons!
Yup, I’m sitting in a wheelchair, blowing up helium balloons. That’s my family for you – we just all jump right in there together. Meemaw even had a balloon or two tied to her “cart”. I’m a little sad I didn’t get a picture of that. It was too cute!
And we couldn't call it a day without a romp in the waterpark.
We are so blessed with our families. I love that both grandmothers wanted to celebrate, but did it completely differently -- and equally special.
No comments:
Post a Comment