Sunday, July 20, 2008

Family

Today was a family kind of day. We woke up at Bret's folks' house; worshipped with our new church family at Christ Journey; visited with my grandparents, aunt & uncle, and cousin & his wife at the hospital (my PeePaw is sick); and are now at mom's and dad's where we were joined by my brother and one of my sisters for a little while. Lots of family, lots of fun, lots of hugs, lots of laughs, lots of love.

So often life presents itself with a situation -- good, bad, or somewhere in the middle -- and I find myself wondering how people do it without family (including church family). For folks less blessed than me, how do they really get through things like moving, marriages, having babies, sickness, even everyday stuff like living with Sir Poops-a-Lot (the 2-year-old who is the poopin-est kid I've ever seen!) or dealing with a four-month-old who wants/needs nothing more than to go to sleep but is too tired to stop crying and make it happen.

I am so blessed to have the family that I have. Most everything -- even Sir Poops-a-Lot and the crying King Josiah -- are more bearable when the burden is shared with those we love.

(Sorry no pics today...busy day, crazy kids...all the pictures are on other people's cameras...)

2 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Hey - long time no see! I see/hear you have a third boy!! How much do I love having boys??!!! I love the name - Josiah. Precious! Seeing our boys made me think of a little plaque my mother-in-law gave me that I hung next to my bedside table that reads, "There's a special place in heaven for the mother of boys." Amen to that - huh!!??! I only have two, but man-oh-man do they keep me busy! Glad to see you all are doing well!
Amanda (Martin) Kilgore

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Sorry - forgot to mention I found your blog through Angela's blog. Small world.