Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More Easter Fun

Our Easter baskets are not beautiful and traditional…the baskets just get torn up, are hard to store, and that plastic grass stuff just gets everywhere. We have opted to just fill buckets up with stuff instead. It doesn’t look as pretty, but it certainly gets the job done! We were actually quite proud to have three of them ready this year. Right after Micah was born a couple of years ago, it wasn’t until Easter morning that the Easter Bunny realized that he should have gotten stuff for two baskets instead of just one! Oops.
The big brothers were totally excited with all their stuff. They were happy to help Joey go through his stuff, too.

After they were finished checking out their loot, it was time to get ready for church. Bret, as always, had to get to church about an hour early. I am still keeping Joey home for awhile longer and was not planning on going to church (besides, I haven’t had time to figure out if I have anything to wear that fits!), so we decided that I would just drop the big brothers off at church when it was actually time for class to start. I started getting people ready at 8:15...we were finally all buckled in the van, ready to go at 9:55. Class started at 9:30. Oops…I guess it takes me longer to get two kids dressed and four people out the door than I thought. The first Sunday that Joey and I need to get dressed, too, I need to start waaay earlier! So they missed class, but made it to church just fine. I had just enough time to feed the baby, change his diaper several times, and clip his fingernails before it was time to pick them up again…

After lunch and naps, we got ready to go hunt eggs outside.
And the hunt begins: (Yes, sorry, the yard does need to be mowed…the neighbor kid hadn’t been by yet. He's actually out mowing right now.)


Joey slept through the whole thing:

Here they are showing off their loot. Conner obviously got quite a few more eggs than Micah. Several of Micah’s were actually ones that he picked up off the ground after they fell out of Conner’s basket. Micah is still at that sweet, innocent stage where it’s not all about how many tings you get…it’s about how cool the things that you do get are. He wanted to open every egg as soon as he got it, and then eat the candy before he went on to find another egg. Conner, on the other hand, just went crazy running around the yard and was proud that he had the most eggs.
/They barely made it in the door before sitting down to check everything out:
As always, Easter was lots of fun. It will be fun to add Josiah to the mix a little more actively next year!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Micah's little "bed-hair" in the 4th picture; amazed and awed at the beautiful, big-eyed little Joey in the last picture and just want to kiss Conner's sweet, excited face as he's showing me (yes, me, in my mind's eye) what the Easter Bunny brought. Thanks for sharing your day with us! Love, BooBoo
pfu,wpfy