Yesterday was my first full day alone with all three of the Wells Brothers. All of the wonderfully helpful grandparents have come and gone...it's on to real life now. Bret, of course, was wonderfully helpful before he left for work, and I must admit that I was quite relieved when he told me that he would be home for the evening because his Thursday night elders' meeting had been cancelled. So, it was just for the day that I was alone...
It was a long day! By the time Bret got home, I was exhausted, Conner and Micah were still in their pajamas, but by golly, we had made it!
Part of my problem, I think, is that I was trying to do too much. (I know, imagine that!) We started off the morning dying Easter eggs. Looking back, I am certainly not sorry that we did it -- we had tons of fun -- I just probably would have done things differently, or at least in a different order!
We had one box of Easter egg dye with egg tattoos, one box of glitter dye, two eager preschool boys, one tired Mommy, one sleeping newborn, and 16 boiled eggs. The boys actually did best with the regular dye:
Then we tackled the glitter dye. First, we were supposed to gently smoosh an egg around in dye inside of a plastic baggie -- without cracking it. (Try explaining that to a 4- and 2-year-old!) Conner's first egg wasn't cracked beyond use, and his next ones were great.
...and cried the rest!
It really was fun. We can't wait until the Easter Bunny comes now!
No comments:
Post a Comment