Thursday, August 28, 2008

Prayer Schedule

Awhile back, I wrote about ""Monday Money Day"" and mentioned my church planting prayer schedule. There is just so much to pray for in this endeavor -- it's a big undertaking. After weeks and months of feeling so overwhelmed with it all that I often ended up just praying one big blanket prayer (not that that's necessarily bad -- I just want to do more) -- and often even ended up not praying at all, I knew I had to do something. My solution was a prayer schedule. There are specific aspects of our church planting/relocation endeavor that I pray for each day of the week. The list is not intended to be all-inclusive. I often pray for other things, too. It's also not intended to be limiting. I can pray for whatever I want on whatever day I want. This just makes it so much more manageable for me. One of my friends suggested that I post the entire schedule someday. Today, the eve of one of our fundraising dinners, seems an appropriate day to share. Here it is:
  • Monday Money Day - I pray that we get enough money raised, that our supporters will be blessed financially in such a way that we do not become a burden, that Christ Journey continues to progress toward becoming a self-supporting church, that we will make good decisions with this money that has been entrusted to us, praise for all that's been done so far
  • Tuesday Relocation Day - I pray for a good house (specifically one that is good for entertaining and with a good space for home officing), good location, good schools, good teachers, good friends
  • Wednesday Seeker Day - I pray for the people to whom God will be showing Himself through us, that there will be many of them, that we will find them easily
  • Thursday Christ Journey Day - I pray for Christ Journey as a church, for the members, for the Chappotins (the ministers we will be joining)
  • Friday Family Day - I pray specifically for our family and our marriage in this transition process
  • Saturday Fun Day - I pray that our excitement and energy for this task God has called us to is renewed and restored
  • Sunday Sabbath Day - I pray for rest, that we can find it now, that we will make time for it after we move, for healing from the wounds that life in ministry has inflicted, for friends (both here and there) who will help us find this rest and healing
I would invite you to join me in these prayers...

3 comments:

Yogi said...

consider yourself joined! Love, MOM pfu,wpfy

Rachel said...

i really like and admire the schedule - it's something that i can totally relate to. i would like to say it's because i'm so structured but it's not....;)
i seemed to get overwhelmed and then feel guilty if i've 'forgotten' something i meant to pray about. i think i might have to borrow this idea;)
thanks for sharing!

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

I am so excited to know the specifics about what to pray about. New things to talk with God about are awsome because it is always amazing to see how he works. I love your Sunday theme! The series Brett did on the Sabbath was so good - one of my favorite.