Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Turkey-Hunting Goat...

...or was it a Goat-Hunting Turkey?

On an afternoon of markers on the carpet, pee on the floor, pee on the bed, a 2 yr old that I could not keep out of the bathroom he is not supposed to be in, a bowl of crackers that became a glass of water/cracker juice,
a 4 yr old that accidentally reset the settings on MeeMaw's oxgen machine, a four-month-old that would not sleep unless I was holding him (which was great because that meant I got to just lay on the bed and hold him for a couple of hours, which I never get to do -- but stunk because I never got comfortable enough to take a good nap myself), I found that my own anxiety was raising the stress level of the entire house (which was a lot of people today -- Mom, Dad, MeeMaw, my Uncle Bubba, Lydia, Jodi, Conner, Micah, Josiah, and me).

Then the aunties came to the rescue. Crazy Aunt Bubba made costumes and Cooperative Aunt Jodi and Silly Yogi played the parts of the Goat and the Turkey respectively. Conner rode the goat while the turkey was being dressed. Then he and Micah shot their bows and arrows at the turkey...until the turkey turned the tables. No rhyme or reason to it all...just random entertainment to keep the crazy kids busy! (On a side note: Sorry my kids are always in their underwear...such is the life of little boys in the summer around here. I figure, at least they're covered!)

Between the turkey/goat hunt and an outing to get snow cones after dinner, they finally got the crazies out and we ended the day on a good note. Thank goodness for the aunties!

5 comments:

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

Aunties are simply awsome I must agree!!! Especially Aunties who don't yet have their own kids. Our Auntie Heidi has rescued me so many times when I was too proud to admit I needed rescuing. God knew what he was doing when he designed the "family"!

Carrie Brown said...

Too Funny. Ben seems to often end up in his undies too!! Looks like you all are having a great time. I especially liked your description of cracker,water, juice...so gross, but I know exactly what you mean!!!
CB

Bret Wells said...

only your dad would have his turkey beak attached with duck tape!

Bret Wells said...

ps - for all the smarty pants, i know that its ducT tape, not ducK tape.

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I love the picture of Bob!! Looks like you guys had a great time!