Monday, August 25, 2008

A McBirthday

Since we had already had a little party for Conner's birthday on Saturday, yesterday was pretty low-key (or at least we thought it was going to be!) We had leftover cake after lunch (a little less creepy this time!)......and the big present from Mommy and Daddy was a Spiderman web blaster. Actually, Conner just happened to get two of them. It looked like it would be much more fun if your friend (or little brother) had one, too! The Spiderman web blaster is little thing that hooks onto your arm and shoots web (silly string) everywhere. Then when the silly string is gone, you can fix it so that it shoots water. Too cool. Fay was making everything yucky outside, so we decided to shoot the webs in the garage. (Please ignore the less-than-tidy-ness!)

(Surprise, surprise, Micah wasn't too crazy about the web actually being on him.)
I think I'm glad they ended up in the garage instead of the kitchen!!
Then it was time for small group. A couple of weeks ago we were trying to figure out what to do for small group the next time we met. We talked about meeting at the playground on Koop Drive. (In Wells-speak that's the "Bumpy Slide Playground.") We would bring our own dinners and just let the kids play. Then I realized that it would be on Conner's birthday, so I mentioned that we'd probably bring cupcakes to share. Well, Fay decided to blow in with all of her dreary rain on Conner's big day. We decided to move small group to the playland at McDonald's.

We showed up with Spiderman cupcakes to share...and our friends showed up with gifts! What a sweet, unexpected surprise! Conner has not asked for a big birthday party, so we have not done one. (Gammie has been brave enough to do a couple, but we haven't yet.) Cake and ice cream with whatever family is around has been plenty so far. And here we stumbled upon a little party -- with most of the people we would have invited anyway. Conner got a new wii game, a transformer, and everything he needs to cook. We have the best friends.

I didn't get many pictures. It was a little crazy in the McD's playland. Four families, ten kids (nine of them boys!!). I'm afraid I didn't even get a good one of the birthday boy. :( But, here's what I got:
Well, the birthday has been stretched out for about as long as I can do it. The celebrations are over, it's official, he's really five.

1 comment:

Bret Wells said...

So just in case anyone is wondering Wii Game Party is great addition to the collection. I'm pretty much addicted to shuffleboard right now...