Josiah was taking an unusually long and wonderful nap this afternoon. Conner was sitting on the couch reading a book. Micah was sitting at the table eating a bowl of cottage cheese. Perfect -- I could sit at the computer and get a couple of things done right quick. I turned on the TV for them, hoping for at least fifteen minutes.
It couldn't have been more than three and a half minutes later...maybe four... Micah was apparently loving the cottage cheese. He came and asked me for some more. I told him that we would be eating dinner soon and that there would be no more snacks until dinner. He said okay and left. I worked for a couple of more minutes and realized that the house was eerily quiet. That's when I know something's up. I walked into the living room and found
I kept walking into the kitchen and found
I gave in. Bret wasn't home yet, and wouldn't be for awhile. Conner and Joey were asleep. We had the very rare treat of just Micah and me. I gave him the bowl of cottage cheese he was obviously wanting...and then some peanut butter crackers...and then some pudding. Sounds like a supper to me!
He's been asking to paint, and I keep telling him no. He's pretty high maintenance with the paint, and when you add Conner and Joey to the mix, it's just a little more than I usually feel like dealing with. I jumped on the opportunity. He was soooo excited.
Conner ended up taking a two hour nap, and then was asleep again by 9:00. I laid Joey on our bed while I was changing his sheet, and when I went to get him he had already fallen asleep. Micah was asleep by 8:30.
A very unusual, but not half bad evening...and Lydia and Chris will be here in a few minutes!
3 comments:
The shorts look real! Seriously! Bright, but real! Good job!
I haven't quite figured out why Micah was naked in this story...(perhaps a potty break in there somewhere?) and you did do a very nice job of covering up his nakedness...I was having trouble with with "seeing is believing" thing that was quite legitimate in my younger days...He certainly didn't look naked...but you said he was...(oh, yeah, technology...)...Anyway, it sounds like a totally out of the ordinary day in a very pleasant way. Glad you were able to enjoy and appreciate! Love you! MOM pfu,wpfy
Yeah...I'm not real sure why he was naked either. Probably had something to do with the potty.
Post a Comment