Conner has a little book that shows you how to make animals by tracing around your hand. He loves to work through the book and make the animals. Today he decided that he was going to make ten of each animal, starting with the turkeys.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Glimmers of Hope on My Fridge
To be such rowdy and rambunctious boys, to be so capable of destroying a room so quickly, to run and play as hard as they do...the Wells brothers (well, the oldest two anyway -- we're still waiting for the verdict on Josiah!) have a bit of a Type A streak as well. Every now and then a little bit of order, organization, calculation, and precision shine through the little-boy-ness.
Conner has a little book that shows you how to make animals by tracing around your hand. He loves to work through the book and make the animals. Today he decided that he was going to make ten of each animal, starting with the turkeys.
He certainly did not end up making it through the entire book...but he did stick with it long enough to make ten turkeys. I was a little surprised at this commitment. He even got creative and decided to trace everyone's hands. He colored them all exactly the same and they are now on my fridge/dishwasher. (Well they were, anyway...until Micah pulled them all off...)
Micah is not far behind. Here's what he did with a bunch of magnets the other day:
There are some days when we finally get everyone to bed and I am relieved to have a break from the squabbling and rough-housing...and then I walk back into the living room and kitchen and just want to cry. There are toys, markers, dirty dishes, dirty clothes, everywhere. I wonder if there is ever any hope of a bit of order, organization, neatness in our lives. Will they ever even care? And then I get little glimmers like today...
Conner has a little book that shows you how to make animals by tracing around your hand. He loves to work through the book and make the animals. Today he decided that he was going to make ten of each animal, starting with the turkeys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
May you always be blessed with eyes to see, ears to hear & a heart that's open to the "glimmers" in life...Love you, babe! MOM pfu,wpfy
appropriately, my turkey appears to have a bit of weight problem...
He actually traced my hand when I was asleep...kinda creepy.
I think that is awesome!! I love seeing the bits of Left-brained thinking poking through!! But you have to admit, the right-brained stuff is pretty entertaining!! The magnet thing, it totally just like something Earle would do!! Great post!!
CB
You must have had to make a special trip to buy enough magnets to put up all the art work! How cute!
Post a Comment