Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sweet Imaginations

Typically, Cub Scouts meetings are on Thursday nights. But this week a field trip was planned for Monday night. Bret works on Monday nights these days, so I got the rare treat of getting to take Conner.

The plan was to go to Sweet Imaginations, a local bakery, to see their kitchen and decorate cupcakes. I don't really know what I expected...but it was a little chaotic! The "tour of the kitchen" was pretty much "This is it! There's the cupcakes, there's the icing, here's some sprinkles and cherries. Have fun!"

Those little boys dove in, and it was all I could do to keep Micah and Joey out of the way while the Cub Scouts did their thing.But there was plenty for siblings...even enough for pretty much all of the kids to have two cupcakes each.
I don't think any of my guys got icing on their clothes, I only saw a small amount of green icing in Micah's hair, and to my knowledge we only dropped two cupcakes and about five cherries - success in my book!!

It was fun...but I owe Micah a "cupcake party" at home now since he dropped his second one on the way out. Hopefully I can come up with something that will be almost as exciting. Thanks, Conner, for letting us come with you!

post signature

2 comments:

Gammie said...

Looks like they had lots of fun:) You need to just open your own bakery! I'm sure Micah's cupcake party will be a blast! You always come up with great "party" ideas to entertain the wellsbrothers;)

Bonnie said...

AWESOME!! Yes, Micah has
his "Gift-party" coming up! What an absolutely wonderful Mom!!