Friday, April 22, 2011

Enough

Yesterday afternoon when we went to pick Conner up from school, there was a puddle on the sidewalk. It wasn't very big - hardly enough to be called a "puddle". It was really just more of a wet spot. But there was just enough water there to make a teensy tinsy splash when Micah and Joey jumped in it.

So jump they did. Over and and over and over, they jumped and jumped and jumped, squealing with delight each time. It didn't take long before what little bit of water there was in the "puddle" was gone, really leaving only a wet spot. But they still jumped, enjoying what little bit there was.

And I was reminded of a song that I had heard on the radio yesterday morning. My kids like it so much that I pretty much think of it as a kid's song now days, but for whatever reason the words really struck me that time, and I found myself singing it loudly with them and tearing up on the way to work:

"Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me
...Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You!"

For whatever reason, through those two events, God chose to send me a message yesterday. "I'm always with you, I will never let go. It may seem unbearably hard sometimes...but hang on with all your heart! Know that I'm with you, continuing to bless you. Open your eyes and you'll see it, if you'll just quit whining that that every little gift is not quite enough and always wanting just a bit more. Be happy with what I give you - but not just that. Enjoy it, splash in it, squeal with delight. Because I'll never let go. You'll always have enough. Be happy with enough."

Thanks God. I needed that.

post signature

3 comments:

Andy said...

This song has been my anthem through the past years when I've had those gut wrenching days of fear and heartache and EVERYTHING seems lost. I've sung this song whiletears stream my face and my aches with lost love and lost opporunities. Still I will praise you!!!!!

Andy said...

This song has been my anthem through the past years when I've had those gut wrenching days of fear and heartache and EVERYTHING seems lost. I've sung this song whiletears stream my face and my heart aches with lost love and lost opporunities. Still I will praise you!!!!!

Bonnie said...

Oh, baby! How our babies teach us!