Monday, October 25, 2010

Crazy Hat Day

It's Red Ribbon Week, and today was "Go Wild About a Drug-Free Life and Wear a Crazy Hat" Day at Conner's school. So he dug out his authentic coonskin hat (from Aunt Lydia years ago, I think?) and excitedly wore it to school this morning.

When he got home he was very excited. "We had a hat contest today, and I won 2nd place in my class!" (Followed by many more details, like that it was his idea, how the contest worked, who got first and third places, etc.)

"Wow," I said, "That's great!"

Then later when he told Bret about it he said, "Well, the contest was just in my imagination."

Bret and I together exclaimed: "You had a contest in your imagination and didn't win?!"

"I did too win, I won 2nd."

That kid and his imagination! At least we know he's learned that it's not all about first place...

post signature

2 comments:

Gammie said...

LOL!!!!!!! Oh, that child! So precious, sweet and what an imagination! At least we know he isn't greedy!
Thanks for the wonderful chuckle today:)
lovehugsandkisses!muah!

Bret Wells said...

The choice of hat really complements the disturbing lack of teeth...