Sunday, February 14, 2010

You're Out of This World!

Wow, I had a great Valentine's Day this year! It kind of stretched out over a week. The Wellsbrothers and I spent several days making (what I think are, anyway) the cutest Valentines ever.

We cut...

we glued googly eyes...

and we made spaceships containing three-eyed Conner, Micah, and Josiah aliens

that we flew all over the house
and then glued onto cards that said, "You're out of this world, Valentine!" I saw the idea in Family Fun magazine a couple of weeks ago and immediately fell in love.

And then, after all the Valentine parties and snow, we sent the boys to Gammie and Poppy's for the long weekend. Bret and I got to go to dinner alone on Saturday night. We were celebrating the tenth anniversary of our first date. :) Then we went to our worship gathering on Sunday morning, and lunch with Chris and Heidi Sunday afternoon. (We romantically shared the Valentine special for two between the four of us and had leftovers. Fun! :). It was a nice change of pace, and was actually a great Valentine weekend instead of day.

Bret, Happy Valentine's Day to you, my bestest Valentine ever. Ten years ago I had no idea...but I'm glad you decided to kiss me anyway! :)

post signature

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you had that first date, too!